Ojai, CA (PRWEB) December 3, 2007
Laurel Springs School, the leader in personalized distance learning education for K-12 students, has extended the deadline to enter its YouTube video contest for homeschoolers "Why Homeschool is Cool" until January 7, 2008.
Laurel Springs School asks homeschool students aged 5-18 to answer the question, "What's Cool about HomeSchool?" through creative and entertaining videos. This YouTube contest gives homeschoolers everywhere the opportunity to tell their unique story and show people why homeschooling is a creative, exciting and realistic alternative to traditional education.
About the Laurel Springs "Why Homeschool is Cool" YouTube video contest:
- Homeschoolers may submit their 60-second videos on YouTube now through January 7, 2008.
- Laurel Springs School will reward the top rated video with a grand prize of $1000. The grand prize is open to all qualified entrants aged 5-18.
- There will be a first prize of $250 and a second prize of $100 for each of three age groups categories: Ages 5-9, 10-13, 14-18.
- The contest is open to any K-12 homeschooled student living in any country.
- All video entries must be in English (no sub-titles).
Visit http://www.laurelsprings.com/videocontest for more information and Official Rules.
About Laurel Springs School
Laurel Springs School, an accredited private school, delivers personalized K-12 distance-learning programs with a commitment to academic and creative excellence. Established in 1991, Laurel Springs School is the leader in distance learning education for kindergarten through high school. Each Laurel Springs student receives personalized, one-to-one instruction. With a student population of more than 5,000 -- comprised of students from all 50 states and 25 countries -- Laurel Springs makes use of web-based communication tools, a standards-based curriculum and personalized instruction to offer students a top-notch home education experience, no matter where they live. http://www.laurelsprings.com
# # #