New York, NY (PRWEB) December 5, 2007
Slow Burn strength training is a super safe, highly efficient and effective method of resistance training. Slow Burn helps you to look lean and feel incredibly strong. Creator, Fred Hahn, shows you 2l Fat Loss Secrets For The Holidays (or Any Day!)
"Slow Burn strength training is a super safe, highly efficient and effective method of resistance training," said Fredrick Hahn, author of The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution. "Slow Burn helps you to look lean and feel incredibly strong. Slow Burn de-ages you making you look and feel more youthful in just 30 minutes a week. I know it sounds too good to be true - but it is!"
Though the Slow Burn training system itself is powerful, here are 21 fat loss secrets you can use to boost yourself to 'svelteness.' Use 'em and lose 'em!
1. Drink a gallon of refrigerator temperature water or bubbly water each day. A gallon of cold water will burn ~150 calories of energy to heat the cold water to body temperature for voiding! (And it's good for your skin and hair too!)
2. If you get hungry and feel you're going to cheat on your fat loss eating plan, quickly drink a big glass of cool water and if you can, brush and floss your teeth. While doing so, think this thought: "There is no food that tastes as good as being lean and strong feels!"
3. A half hour after dinner, take a casual stroll for 15-20 minutes whenever possible. Do not walk fast or jog. Just take a pleasant, easy stroll and enjoy your time outdoors. This keeps you from snacking after dinner.
4. Avoid eating sugar or starches a few hours before bedtime. This can decrease growth hormone release at night and store unwanted calories as fat.
5. Get a full 8 hours of sleep as often as possible. Avoid TV and other distractions as much as you can at night. Deep sleep is when your body is regulating and upgrading your hormonal tone. So get some rest!
6. Dress and sleep cool. The cooler you stay, the more heat your body must produce to keep you warm and this means more calories burned. Feeling a bit on the chilly side means you are a fat burning dynamo! Always keep as cool as you can when you are exercising. Sweating is overheating and staying cool is much better for exercise performance as well as for fat loss. Shivering burns triple the calories as sweating!
7. Eat slowly and stop when you are no longer hungry before you feel full.
8. Make and take your meals with you. Refrain from eating out. There are tons of hidden calories in most restaurant foods. (You'll save lots of money too!
9. Pin notes on your refrigerator, front door, bedroom mirror, etc. with phrases such as "Take your lunch!" "Drink your water!" and "I will succeed!" Anything that will remind you of what to do and why you are doing is a very potent motivational tool.
10. Never skip breakfast or any main meal. Thinking you will lose fat faster by skipping meals or starving yourself by eating too few calories is a huge step in the wrong direction. Huge! Your body needs to feel "satisfied" and requires adequate nutrition to shed body fat and build muscle.
11. Select a piece of clothing that you want to fit into again and try it on once a week.
12. Read a book a week that is health related or motivational in nature.
13. Limit or avoid alcohol. Drinks can be very high in calories so beware. And the sugar that is alcohol will be burned first and thus won't allow for any body fat to be burned until all of the alcohol is completely digested.
14. Find a hobby that keeps you occupied in the evening. You're less likely to snack if your hands are busy and you may be surprised what you can accomplish!
15. Eat fruits and veggies instead of cakes and sweets and when you think fruit think berries.
16. If you must eat out, send the bread basket back once it arrives. Order a salad as your appetizer and an appetizer as your main course. Keep that ice water coming!
17. Avoid purchasing and eating foods that are labeled as "low fat" or "no fat."
18. Try to visualize your leaner, stronger, healthier self a few times each day. See yourself as you wish to be. Imagine that new you and think everyday you are one step closer to achieving your goal. Care about yourself. You're worth it!
19. Avoid excessive amounts of exercise. Too much exercise can cause hormonal imbalances which in turn can cause muscle wasting and aid in fat storage. FACT: You do not receive benefits from exercise when you are exercising. You receive the benefits when you are resting and recovering from the exercise. If your eating habits are proper, you do not need to try and burn off additional fat via exercise. You'll save yourself from orthopedic problems as well.
20. BE REALISTIC. Do not expect your exercise program to transform your physique into a Greek God or Goddess. However, we can all dramatically change our bodies for the better and live long, healthy lives following the very simple and extremely efficient Slow Burn Program.
21. BONUS TIP: Refrain from Grain! Yep, you heard me right. Don't eat grain. Grain is simply sugar and too much sugar in your diet raises insulin levels which stuffs fat into your fat cells and locks it in them for keeps. All of the vitamins and minerals (and fiber) found in grains are found in greater abundance and with better bioavailability in veggies and fruit. So heed this advice and get off the grain train!
Serious Strength Personal Training Studios
169 West 78th Street
(Lower Level of the land marked Wellesley building)
New York, NY 10024
PR Contact: Sherri Rosen