Fennville, MI (PRWEB) December 6, 2007
Winners of the 4th Annual Top Ten Dog Products of the Year Awards ("The Doggies") were officially announced today by PupLife.com, recently named "one of the fastest growing pet supply sites online" by Ecommerce-Guide.com. The 2007 "Doggies" serve as a comprehensive guide for dog owners seeking the best products for their pets as well as providing a thoughtful and well-researched list for holiday shoppers.
PupLife.com selected its 2007 Top Ten Dog Products of the Year Award winners based on a number of factors including product performance, innovative design, user-testing, customer feedback and overall sales. Nine of the ten winners this year are new to the Dog Products of the Year Awards, with only one product returning from last year. PupLife.com also named an overall Top Dog Product of the Year Award winner for 2007.
PupLife.com President Eric Houtkooper said, "We are proud to bestow our Top Ten Dog Products of the Year Awards for the fourth straight year. 2007 was a great year for product innovation in the dog supply market. Our top ten products really showcase what PupLife.com is about - incredible dog products that offer true functional benefits. When your dog is happy, you are happy. Our customers have told us that these products are truly the best of the best."
One noteworthy aspect of this year's winners was a significant increase in eco-friendly dog products. Four of the Top Ten Award Winners can easily be classified as "green" dog products. Mr. Houtkooper commented, "Green products have been very popular in 2007, and we see that trend continuing in the dog products industry. Eco-friendly beds and organic treats are red hot. People are looking for high quality products that their pets will love, but they also are concerned about quality, safety and sustainability. Dog owners love their pets, but they also love their planet. High quality dog products that are also earth-friendly are fast becoming PupLife.com customer favorites."
The 2007 Top Ten Dog Products of the Year Winners are:
10) Jet Setter Airline Approved Dog Carrier by Creature Couture: Take your pet anywhere in this super-light, ultra-stylish pet carrier. Designed with the strictest airline regulations in mind, this roll-on carrier has removeable wheels, plenty of ventilation and tons of pockets. It can also be secured as a car seat for travel around town.
9) "On Talking Terms With Dogs" and "Calming Signals" Book & DVD companion set: Norwegian dog trainer, Turid Rugaas, noted expert on canine body language, offers this "user-friendly" guide to communicating with your dog. Dog lovers everywhere can learn recognize and respond to common canine signals to promote and achieve peaceable relationships between dogs and people and in multi-dog households.
8) Tazlab Aqua-Fur Travel Bowl: This foldable, packable, eminently portable travel bowl is the perfect solution for pets and people on-the-go. What's more, the food-grade silicone Aqua-Fur is both practical and stylish.
7) SENSE-ible Dog Harness: The original Front-Connection™ harness offers a revolutionary design that helps you teach your dog to walk calmly at your side. This patented-design harness allows you to effectively cue your dog to move with you without pulling on the leash. Safe, comfortable and humane. This is the 4th straight year that the SENSE-ible Harness has made the Dog Product of the Year list.
6) Happytails Spa Eyepack: This all-natural two part product combats both the causes and symptoms of unsightly tear stains. Used together, Eyepads and Eyemunity address underlying bacterial problems that cause tear stains. Use Eyepads to gently cleanse your dog's eye area in conjunction with nutrient rich, high-metabolite immunogen supplement, Eyemunity, to help boost your dog's immune system to fight bacteria from the inside out.
5) Monzie's Organic Muesli for Dogs: Wheat free, corn free and made with organic ingredients. Simply add your own meat and water and you've got a fresh, organic, homemade meal for your dog in minutes. What could be simpler?
4) West Paw Eco Nap Earth Friendly Dog Bed: Rest easy on this stylish, ultra durable, machine washable and earth friendly dog bed. Utliizing IntelliTex™ fabric, milled in the USA with 85% of the fabric comprised of post consumer recycled plastic, better known as the soda-pop bottles. The Eco Nap gives your pet a comfortable place to rest while enabling you to do your part to help protect planet Earth. No compromises.
3) Hi-Q Linkable Dog Treat Toys: How smart is your dog? Find out with these linkable, treat-dispensing puzzle toys! Made from durable, non-toxic rubber, HI-Q toys provide randomized treat dispensing with an easy-snap design that allows you to connect two or more HI-Q dog toys to create all sorts of challenges for your dog.
2) Plato Organic Chicken Strips: These organic dog treats are made with over 90% organic chicken meat, and they are not from China. Rest assured, you'll be giving your dog a wholesome, nutritious and organic treat. Certified organic by the Oregon Tilth.
And (drum roll, please) the overall Top Dog Product of the Year for 2007 is:
1) Backseat Barrier Pet Protector: Dogs moving around freely in cars are a safety hazard to themselves, the driver, and passengers. The Backseat Barrier Pet Protector keeps everyone safe by creating a strong wall between the front and back seats of the car. Easy to install, universal fit for most cars and SUVs, and looks great, too. Travel safe, travel smart.
A list of the winners along with pictures and descriptions can be found online at
All winning products are available for purchase, and orders placed before December 14th are guaranteed for delivery by December 24th, 2007. For more information, contact Leslie Hayes-Houtkooper at 773-620-0050 or visit PupLife.com.
# # #