Red Bank, NJ (PRWEB) December 5, 2007 -
Privacyware (http://www.privacyware.com), an innovative developer of host intrusion prevention and enterprise analytics software, today announced the availability of Microsoft Vista compatible versions of its award-winning PC security software, Privatefirewall 6.0, and its entire desktop defense product line. Privacyware's PC security products are distinguished by their ability to deliver signature-less anti-malware protection and proactive intrusion defense and support both 32 and 64 bit Vista environments.
Privatefirewall is a Host Intrusion Prevention System that advances PC security by utilizing an integrated set of unique defense features including inbound/outbound packet filtering, system and application level behavioral monitoring, IP and URL blocking, and process monitoring components. Privatefirewall also evaluates WinAPI calls, analyzes a comprehensive list of system variables and monitors security-sensitive registry settings to actively advise and alert users of potential virus and spyware threats and intrusion attempts without the dependency or latency of traditional definition-based anti-virus and anti-spyware scanning solutions. Privatefirewall is exceptionally easy to use and is effective immediately upon installation, but offers a rich feature set designed to meet the complex configuration requirements of power-users.
Privatefirewall Key Components Include:
- Complete Vista Support - Compatible with all versions of Vista (32/64 bit).
- Enterprise Policy and Control Console - Centralized installation and Administration for Enterprise Privatefirewall deployments.
- Signature-less Anti-Malware and Intrusion Defense - Learns normal system and application usage based on an array of critical variables and detects and blocks any untrusted activity.
- Intelligent Tray Alerts - Compact, user-friendly tray alerts provide detailed information regarding security events, offer native web search for convenient investigation, and pre-set intelligent "time-out" responses.
- Ultimate Application Control - Highly configurable Application Control Console enables you to specify which and precisely how applications can access the Internet.
- Advanced packet filtering - Proprietary stateful packet inspection technology monitors all communication between the PC and the Internet and detects and blocks all unauthorized traffic.
- Process Detection - Prevents viruses, trojans, worms and other malware by tracking all trusted processes and provides alerts when potentially malicious processes attempt to run.
- Automatic Detection of Trusted IPs - for Home, Office and Remote locations.
- Stealth Mode - makes your PC is invisible when online and stealth to potential intruders.
- Port Tracking and Reporting - All ports are monitored to prohibit unauthorized scanning and system intrusion. Detailed reports are generated on all port scan and other reconnaissance attempts in addition to instantaneous on-screen alerts.
- Integrated Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Scanning - Optional Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware scanning and threat remediation technology from CA reinforces Privacyware signature-less anti-malware and hacker protection.
"Privacyware offers a comprehensive suite of innovative Internet security offerings that are essential to anyone who uses a PC to shop, bank, conduct business or transmit personal data such as files, credit card numbers or documents online," stated Privacyware CEO, Greg Salvato. "While these new Privacyware offerings are emblematic of our legacy of developing breakthrough advances in proactive and reliable defense technologies, they also reflect our commitment to meeting the customer demand for simplicity, value and ease-of-use."
The Privacyware suite of desktop defense products includes Privatefirewall, Privatefirewall with Anti-Spyware, PC Security Suite (Privatefirewall with Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus) and the popular Dynamic Security Agent (freeware). Privacyware also offers Endpoint Security Console, the administrative console for centralized enterprise deployment and management of Privatefirewall.
Pricing and Availability
Privatefirewall 6.0 is available now. Visit http://www.privacyware.com to download a 30-day free trial and review additional product information. Privatefirewall pricing starts at U.S. $29.95. Privatefirewall supports Microsoft Vista 32/64, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2000/2003. Private label and OEM licensing and integration options are also available to ISVs, ISPs and hardware and peripheral equipment vendors.
Privacyware is an innovative developer of intelligent threat prevention and enterprise analytics software. Privacyware security data analysis solutions enable enterprise security and compliance personnel to more thoroughly understand the environments for which they are responsible and to more effectively identify and comprehend malicious and/or deviant activity. Privacyware develops award-winning host and desktop defense offerings that increase the level of protection from new and known malware and intrusions in individual, small business and large enterprise computing environments.
CONTACT: Sales, Privacyware, +1-732-212-8110, x235. E-mail:sales(at)privacyware.com
Copyright 2007 PWI, Inc./Privacyware. All rights reserved. Privacyware, ThreatSentry, Adaptive Security Analyzer, Privatefirewall, and Endpoint Security Console are trademarks of Privacyware in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.