Westbrook has met the market's demand for more robust productivity enhancements and raised the level of performance with the most significant Fortis release to date
Branford, CT (PRWEB) December 6, 2007
Westbrook Technologies, a leader in enterprise document management software for the mid-market and one of Deloitte and Touche's "Fast 50" technology companies in Connecticut for the third consecutive year, today announced the availability of Fortis document management software version 2.4.
Fortis 2.4 is a major new release designed to help organizations streamline processes, increase productivity and address specific business challenges. Fortis document management software provides tremendous efficiency gains by allowing organizations to capture, store and retrieve paper-based and electronic documents into one system. Users can easily view, edit, annotate and distribute documents for quick and easy information exchange.
The new release delivers on customer requests and includes enhanced functionality. "Fortis 2.4 contains a host of new features that are directly related to the needs of our user community while retaining the ease-of-use factor for which Fortis is often recognized. Our development team has worked closely with Fortis customers throughout the process to ensure we are on track with our commitment to deliver a proven solution to customers in a wide range of industries," said Paul Lord, Westbrook's president and CEO.
Highlights of Fortis version 2.4 include:
- Fortis Web is Westbrook's new web-based document management solution that extends the reach of the proven Fortis solution across an organization. Fortis Web delivers easy access to the Fortis repository from anywhere so that organizations can manage business information from the web.
- An updated user interface provides a modern look while retaining the usability and ease-of-use factor customers expect from Fortis document management software. As our development team has not compromised usability, users can benefit from a visually appealing interface without a learning curve.
- The ability to search the text content of annotations allows users to locate documents even more efficiently. This feature lets users search for specific text within a document annotation, such as a note annotation or stamp annotation, as well as find annotations by type, such as highlight, note, stamp, redaction, freehand and line.
- A Send to Fortis desktop icon allows Fortis Office users to capture files to Fortis document management without opening the Fortis application. Users can drag-and-drop files onto the icon to capture the file to Fortis.
- Enhanced LDAP Support provides additional options for user authentication, thus making administration of Fortis easier.
- New certifications and toolkits providing greater performance and versatility and ensuring Fortis document management software compliancy with the latest technology offerings.
Additional enhancements include changes to our installation and administrative functions to make Fortis document management software even easier to deploy and administer, as well as programmatic changes to ensure seamless integration with Fortis.
"Westbrook has met the market's demand for more robust productivity enhancements and raised the level of performance with the most significant Fortis release to date," said Marshall Pimenta, Westbrook's CTO.
Fortis document management software is available through a worldwide Partner network of professionals who are readily available to meet your installation, support and design needs. To find an elite Partner in your area, visit westbrooktech.com or call 203-483-6666.
About Westbrook Technologies
Westbrook Technologies provides enterprise document management software solutions for mid-market companies that need to maintain their competitive edge. The Company develops Fortis document management software, Web-imaging (Fortis Web), ERM (Electronic Report Management) and workflow (Fortis Inflo) software in use at thousands of customer sites in 52 countries. Businesses across every vertical market depend on Westbrook Technologies' comprehensive document management solutions and use them to capture, index, store and retrieve their critical information from anywhere - instantly and securely. For more information, call (203) 483-6666 or visit http://www.westbrooktech.com.