Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 5, 2007
Why did the Orange County District Attorney and the California Attorney General decline to prosecute Sheriff Mike Carona? And, after declining to prosecute the Sheriff, who is an elected State Constitutional office holder, what prompted the Feds to pursue an indictment on alleged political corruption charges?
The FULL DISCLOSURE NETWORK® presents an eight minute Internet Video News Blog featuring clips from exclusive post arraignment interviews with the Sheriff, spokesman from the U. S. Attorney's office, Special Assistant District Attorney, and Chairman of the Orange County Republican Party. The video is available for viewing 24/7, on demand at the following URL: http://www.fulldisclosure.net/Blogs/52.php , as a public service of the FULL DISCLOSURE NETWORK®.
Among the questions raised in this Full Disclosure Newtwork® video news blog are:
- "Why is this a Federal Case?"
- "Will the Federal indictment of the Sheriff of the 5th largest US County hurt or harm law enforcement?"
- "Who in Washington approved the indictment?"
- "Did President Bush approve the Sheriff's indictment?"
- "Was Carona's policy to enforce immigration laws locally a conflict for the Feds?"
- Why did the Feds indict Carona's wife?
- Was the purpose of the indictment to force him to resign?
- Would local politicians want to select his replacement?
FEATURED GUESTS ARE:
- Mike Carona, Sheriff Orange County
- Anthony Patchett, Former Special Assistant Los Angeles District Attorney
- Thom Mrozek, Public Affairs Officer for the United States Attorney
- Scott Baugh, Chairman Orange County Republican Party
- Leslie Dutton: Moderator
VIEWERS ASKED TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ONLINE OPINION SURVEY & LEAVE THEIR COMMENTS:
1. Do you agree with prosecutor Patchett that the indictment against Sheriff Carona was appraved at the highest level in Washington?
2. Or do you agree with Scott Baugh that this is a local issue of corruption that - for reasons unknown to us -the Sheriff has become the target of federal prosecution?
3. Or do you think the sheriff's local political enemies have enlisted the aid of the US Attorney to remove Sheriff Carona so they can appoint his successor?
4. Do you think Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas and California Attorney General Bill Lockyear declined to prosecute Sheriff Carona because there was no case?
Known as THE NEWS BEHIND THE NEWS the Full Disclosure Network® cable television programs are featured on 45 cable systems and the Internet since 1992 and produced by host Leslie Dutton and Producer T. J. Johnston. In 2002 the Full Disclosure® special series L.A.'s WAR AGAINST TERRORISM was recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences with a local Emmy Award for a public affairs, informational series. Channels and airtimes can be found on the website at http://www.fulldisclosure.net .