Salt Lake City, Utah (PRWEB) December 10, 2007
Matchbin, provider of a cutting edge technology platform that enables online communities on the World Wide Web, today announced the availability of a major upgrade to its Community Marketplace product. The robust upgrade makes it easier than ever for publishers of community newspapers to establish an online presence and publish local content to its community members. The upgrade includes enhancements to the product's user interface that make the product easier to use. However, the most significant enhancements are in the product's content management system including the ability to publish multimedia content easily.
"The new Community Marketplace publishing system from Matchbin driving Gridiron Central has allowed us to post content quickly and organize it in a way that allows viewers to find it easily," said Jim Alred, New Media Director, Rome News-Tribune. "It is intuitive, easy to use and provides small newspapers with tools normally reserved for major chain-owned newspapers."
"This new upgrade to our Content Management System is a remarkable step forward," said Reed Brown, president and CEO of Matchbin. "Nowhere in the world can you find this enabling technology at such an affordable price. Our product provides a 10:1 price advantage over our competing products."
Some of the key feature upgrades include:
Support for various content types
- News Story
- Birth Announcement
- Wedding Announcement
- Movie Review
- Restaurant Review
- Legal Notice
- Image Gallery
- Video Presentation
- Flash Presentation
Support for popular video types
Support for popular audio types
- Search Content Widget
- Daily email digest feature
Matchbin's Community Marketplace provides existing communities the ability to enhance their
current web presence or power their entire online community. The Community Marketplace product was developed through close collaboration with existing owners of media companies and experts in the other targeted segments. The key capabilities of the product are:
Private labeled websites - hosted by Matchbin
- State-of-art template engine allowing fully customizable and branded websites
- Powerful website created in less than 5 hours
- Product packages and pricing controlled by the Community Marketplace owner
- Simple to use yet powerful multimedia online publishing solution to deliver hyperlocal articles, pictures, videos, and user created content.
Commerce - Facilitates B2C, C2C, and B2B transactions
- Seamless integration of online and print classified ads
- Local business directory creation and search
- Customizable websites for local businesses
- National and local business banner advertising
Social - Community Building
- Member posted community event calendar
- Collaborative multimedia online publishing, video, stories, pictures and audio
- User generated sub-communities such as clubs
- Blogs, Chat rooms, cell phone text message notification and chat capability
- Multiple profile social networking - total control of personal information
To learn more about the Community Marketplace Multimedia publishing system, join one of our upcoming webinars at http://www.matchbin.com.
Based in Salt Lake City, Matchbin is enabling a new market and large set of users by powering the world's first network of online community marketplaces. Matchbin is not seeking to become another branded web site like Facebook, eBay, or craigslist. Matchbin provides a hosted technology platform for online communities by providing the infrastructure and technology that allows existing, branded communities to publish and manage various types of hyperlocal content enabling them thrive in the internet age. For more information on the Matchbin solution, visit http://www.matchbin.com.
scott @ matchbin.com