Katy, TX (PRWEB) December 6, 2007
Home and Bedroom Furniture thinks that while the weather outside may be frightful this winter holiday season, the home should be oh so delightful. Why would revelers want to venture out into frigid temperatures and brave icy roads when Christmas and New Years Eve can be just as fun and festive right under your own roof? Home and Bedroom Furniture company spokesman, Ben Weissman, offers these fun, yet safe tips for throwing a Christmas or New Years Eve Cocktail Party your guests will never forget.
1. Comfort, Comfort, Comfort - Sure, guests will want to mill about, but they'll also want to take a load off their feet and enjoy some warm tête-à-tête with long-time friends and relatives. Comfortable, Elegant Bar Stools make it easy to snuggle up to the bar and provide a good environment for some cozy reminiscing. To accommodate mingling, consider setting up several intimate seating areas. Daybeds, Sofas and Loveseats invite conversation and allow old acquaintance to laugh and chat.
2. Add A touch Of Sexiness To The Theme - Since most everyone in attendance will be an adult, sexy touches add a certain spark to the traditional cocktail party. A sprig of Christmas mistletoe over the punch bowl encourages guests to get a little extra cozy with each other. Likewise, a rousing game of "Holiday Truth or Drink," a variation on the traditional "Truth or Dare" gets attendees joking and laughing.
3. Concoct A New Drink - If it's an office cocktail party, guests will love the "Tie One On" that's been named for the boss. The possibilities are endless. Something like a "Spicy X-Mas," a traditional mix of Negrita Spice, Russian Water, Red Wine, Lemon and Sugar adorned with a Cinnamon Stick, is perfect for this time of the year. What about a "Santas Sleighball" or a "Rudolph the Red-Eyed Reindeer?" Be creative, invent your own ingredients, but most of all, have fun!
4. Take A Clue From The Czechoslovakians - Their Christmas Day Meal consists of many courses served at a leisurely pace. Start with a hot appetizer like Czech Potato Dumplings, follow it up with a soup, maybe Czechoslovakian Cabbage Soup. Then the main dish, perhaps Czechoslovakian Pepper Steak, followed by Kolache Cookies. Bonus points if all courses are finger foods.
5. Make Sure Everyone Stays Safe - Virgin (non-alcoholic) drink options should be available to all guests. To guarantee everyone enjoys the fun, consider hiring a car and driver to deliver intoxicated partygoers safely home. Have extra sleeping accommodations available for those who've done too much celebrating and live far away. Trundle Day Beds to decorate your house for the Festivities, including many fine items by Fashion Bed Group and Hillsdale Furniture.
For more tips on throwing a sensational holiday cocktail party, contact Home-and-Bedroom.com's Ben Weissman at bweissman(at)home-and-bedroom.com. To see the company's fine array of discount bedroom furniture, visit Home and Bedroom Furniture online at http://www.home-and-bedroom.com.
Home and Bedroom Furniture
Katy, TX 77449