Ottawa, Canada (PRWEB) December 8, 2007
The Utility Company, a single-source provider of technology, communications and business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) across North America, today announced the latest enhancements to its Connected Office Technology-as-a-Service Program.
Connected Office 3.0 is the first single-source solution addressing ALL things technology for SMBs focused on the five main areas of technology for business: IT (network, desktop, security and storage), business applications, Web/Internet, copier/printer and telecommunications.
"Our main objective in the development of Connected Office 3.0 was to listen to our SMB customers across North America and deliver what they've been asking for -- a single point of contact for ALL things technology for their business," stated Mark Scott, president and founder of The Utility Company. "We achieved this, along with bringing more technology to them in a utility service model -- hosted, virtual, fixed-fee services."
"As a public accounting firm, technology has become critical to our business. We have utilized the majority of the Connected Office 2.0 managed services in the past and have been very pleased with our relationship and have referred them to several of our clients," stated Marcel Castonguay, partner at Hamel & Co. Chartered Accountants of Ottawa. "With their Connected Office 3.0 single-source provider solution, The Utility Company is at the crossroads of where technology meets business process and business productivity -- this will be a very powerful offering for the SMB market."
Connected Office 3.0 is available for a monthly fixed-fee per user through Utility Service Providers across North America and includes:
- 1-866-My-Utility Live Helpdesk -- proactively support users with secure remote access to network and desktops for on-demand service and training.
- Remote Monitoring and Management -- network, desktops/laptops, security, voice-over-IP systems, multi-function printers and data-back-up 24x7.
- Security & Protection -- ongoing anti-virus and patch management service. Comprehensive security management concentrated in the three areas of exploitation -- perimeter, remote access and end users.
- Online Backup and Storage -- remote backup of servers, desktops and laptops for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Asset & Lifecycle Management -- tracking of all hardware and software assets, including updates, usage and compliance.
- Communications Services -- hosted Exchange with advanced email and anti-spam; Hosted Voice-over-IP; Web content management.
- Business Management -- Fully integrated, hosted customer relationship management (CRM) and accounting system.
- Hardware/Software -- full range of hardware and software to meet your network, desktop and security requirements with both on-premise and virtual options.
- Onsite Service -- network/security assessment, emergency support, onsite maintenance, end-user training.
- Utility Meter Reading -- business-technology assessment to quickly determine what you are spending on technology and how you are utilizing your investment
The Connected Office 3.0 menu of services -- http://www.theutilitycompany.com/services -- includes Classic (à la carte), Managed and Utility service level options along with the following service bundles:
- Connected Office SOHO -- managed desktop for small office/home office users.
- Connected Office Network -- managed network devices.
- Connected Office Web -- web content management.
- Connected Office VoIP -- hosted Voice-over-IP solution.
- Connected Office Business -- hosted CRM/accounting software.
"The Utility Company's service levels to date have been tremendous and have addressed our four key requirements -- availability (remote and onsite), expertise, predictability (budget and service level) and data security," stated Jimmy Patton, president of Patton, Albertson and Miller, a wealth management firm headquartered in Macon, Georgia. "They are already our single-source technology provider, so we are pleased that they are continuing to broaden their services in other areas like communications and business management, while continuing to deliver these new features in a low maintenance, fixed-fee service model."
Centers of Excellence for Vertical Markets
The Utility Company continues to expand its expertise both from an industry and software application perspective in key vertical markets such as healthcare, financial services, insurance, manufacturing, accounting and legal. Line of business application support includes procurement, maintenance and general usability, which is augmented by the growing network of Utility Service Providers.
"Being familiar with the software physician's use such as Medical Manager, Medisoft, Sage and Lytec, I've become accustomed to their support procedures and customer service," stated Andre Jones, 2007 Utility Service Provider of the Year. "Often an office manager may take 4-5 hours to get something done that will take me 20 minutes. And often what a vendor will say to an office manager or physician they would never say to me -- because we're talking tech-to-tech. That's part of the advantage in having Connected Office and The Utility Company on your side as a small business. Worrying about your job -- not the tools you need to do your job. We'll take those burdens off your shoulders."
"We believe it is important for our customers to have a national single-source provider option rather then dealing with various small point solution providers," concluded Scott. "With Connected Office 3.0 we have delivered a complete portfolio of services that parallels enterprise consultancies, but that is designed specifically for the SMB market. Most managed service providers today focus on delivering and managing technology 'plumbing' -- we focus on how technology can improve our customer's business in key areas like sales, marketing, customer service and business management."
Join us on December 14 at 2 p.m. ET for our upcoming webinar "Technology is Converging (and So Should Your Suppliers)" and hear about our new Connected Office 3.0 Technology-as-a-Service Program -- the only single-source provider solution designed specifically for SMBs.
About The Utility Company
The Utility Company is a single-source provider of technology, communications and business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses across North America. Our Connected Office Technology-as-a-Service program provides a single point of contact for ALL things technology delivering the required hardware, software and service for a monthly fixed fee per user. Customers are supported by local Utility Service Providers delivering on-site service and business-technology consulting to reduce spending and increase utilization - our Beyond Managed Services franchise opportunity is available by prospectus only. Learn how to make technology work for your business today at http://www.theutilitycompany.com.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
# # #