Nashville, Tenn. (PRWEB) December 17, 2007
SharePoint Solutions has released Alert Manager 2007 for SharePoint, which is designed to provide robust alert-management capabilities, including the ability to "push" alerts to multiple users.
Alert Manager 2007 integrates seamlessly with the existing SharePoint 2007 (both MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0) user interfaces and simplifies management of user alerts through a centralized management feature that enables administrators to go to one place to manage all user alerts at farm, Web and site-collection locations.
"SharePoint 2007 administrators need to be able to quickly and easily manage alerts for users. Although SharePoint 2007 has improved alert-management capabilities, it falls short of providing a powerful and comprehensive solution," said Tony Bierman, senior software engineer for SharePoint Solutions.
WSS Alert Manager, which is part of SharePoint Solutions' award-winning family of software products, has been the premiere solution for managing alerts in WSS v 2.0. Alert Manager 2007 is a new add-on with additional features. It has been professionally designed and developed, and is professionally supported by SharePoint Solutions' award-winning software development team.
"History has shown that the alert functionality in SharePoint is one of the most popular user features. Unfortunately, many users also feel that it is too limited," Bierman said. "In addition to needing the ability to subscribe, or 'push,' alerts to others, and users need more robust alert-management tools for sites where there are hundreds or even thousands of users."
Bierman noted that there have been a few attempts by third-parties to develop add-ons that provide more functionality, but user reception has been lukewarm due to the lack of deep integration with SharePoint and critical features that are missing. According to Bierman, Alert Manager 2007 was designed to meet those needs and maximize the business value of the SharePoint alerting engine.
Alert Manager 2007 provides the following key capabilities:
- Create and manage customized alert templates;
- Subscribe other SharePoint users to alerts on any list, document library or document;
- Add, change and delete alerts for one or more users on any list, document library or document in a site;
- Efficiently handle sites with large numbers of lists and users;
- Locate and select users by login, preferred name or e-mail address, or by using partial words, wildcards or pattern matching;
- Manage all alerts for all users in a site collection, from one central location, through a farm-level centralized alert-management system;
- Send alerts to a user identified in a list column (Dynamic Recipients);
- Create a custom alert filter that defines for which items the administrator will be alerted; and
- Create custom alert-notification messages.
Alert Manager 2007 is licensed on a per server basis. A separate license is required for each physical Web front-end server on which Alert Manager 2007 is installed. To download a fully-functional trial version for evaluation on your own servers, visit http://www.software.sharepointsolutions.com. To order Alert Manager 2007, visit http://www.shop.sharepointsolutions.com
Based in Nashville, Tenn., SharePoint Solutions has been a nationwide leader in expert-led public classes on SharePoint products and technologies. The company also professionally develops high-quality commercial add-ons for SharePoint. For more information about SharePoint Solutions, visit http://www.sharepointsolutions.com.