Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 17, 2007
Marley Majcher, Founder and CEO of The Party Goddess! (http://www.ThePartyGoddess.com), has several excellent tips and tricks for holiday entertaining:
- Mix Up Your Color Scheme - You've got a lot more options than just red + green or blue + silver. How about metallics (silver, gold and a touch of white), whites (combinations of white white, cream, and even a touch of silver), jewel tones (deep purple, a rich green, red and even a touch of magenta if it's the right shade), green, white and silver (that's it), or substitute red for green.
- Have Fun with Signature Cocktails - Even if you only do your standby cosmopolitans and apple martinis, why not add some frozen cranberries for the cosmos or a red sugared rim for any green libation? If you want to go a step further, name your cocktails, print out a menu listing them all and frame it. Cosmos could be called the Cranberry Christmas Martini, Apple Martinis could be renamed Santa's Little Helper. You get the idea. So you're guests aren't totally confused, print the basic ingredients below the special names.
- Don't Forget about Holiday Smells - There's nothing that welcomes guests more than a fabulous smelling home. Why not have some apple cider, cloves and cinnamon sticks simmering on the stove just to fill the house with a fabulous aroma?
- Trick Out Your Décor - Even if you've got the full-blown tree going, it's simple to take some clear glass cylindrical vases of all sizes and fill them with ornaments and place the arrangements on your buffets or bar. A few ornaments tied together with silver pipe cleaners and topped with ribbon make great mini arrangements for around the house (or even the powder room).
- Totally Tight Budget? Gather up some pine cones of all shapes and sizes, clean them up a bit and spray paint them silver or gold. Really want to keep it simple? Just brush the tips with a little glue and then sprinkle with glitter. Presto, you're done.
Marley frequently speaks before various professional organizations around the country, on tips and tricks for entertaining and throwing truly quirky, fabulous events and on business topics including her class "But Are You Making Any Money?"
About The Party Goddess!
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Party Goddess! is a full service catering and event planning company that has produced such notable events as the opening of the Hollywood Bowl, the Critics' Choice Awards, Keyshawn Johnson's Birthday Party and launches for the Porsche Carrera and Bentley automobiles. Clients include Earthlink, Cedars-Sinai, Georgetown University, Art Center College of Design, Rusnak Automotive Group, See's Candies, Cal Tech and Whole Foods Market.