Coon Rapid, MN (PRWEB) December 18, 2007
Rapid Glass has released a list of tips to follow in the hopes that Christmas shoppers will need fewer glass replacements due to vandalism, a common explanation during this time of year. Many of the Minneapolis auto glass replacements performed between Thanksgiving and Christmas are due to car break-ins because of the tendency of shoppers to leave bags full of holiday presents unattended in their vehicles. The Christmas shopping season brings many Minnesota residents out to the malls to load their cars full of gifts for family and friends, but also brings out opportunistic criminals looking to take advantage of shoppers.
1. If shopping in a large mall, such as the Mall of America here in Minnesota, instead of bringing bags and gifts to your car after every store,ask the store if they have a layaway area where you might temporarily leave them.
2. Many malls have lockers, which you can use for a small fee to lock items up securely. If they are too small for your gifts, consider leaving your purse there. It will be safe, and you'll have one less thing to carry. Keep your I.D. and credit cards in a small wallet and take it with you.
3. If you must bring things to the car, put smaller items under the seat, or place larger items in the trunk. Don't leave anything in plain view. Many SUVs have a roll out cover for the cargo area. This is so thieves can't look in through the quarter glass and see what's in there. Remember "out of sight, out of mind."
4. Even if you don't have valuables in the car, keep all bags and packages out of view. We recently had one customer where vandals had broken their back glass and stolen their children's school back packs. The vandals didn't get anything of value, but the customer had to spend their family's holiday money for an untimely Minneapolis auto glass repair.
5. If you have other things to do after you are done shopping, consider stopping at home, dropping off your gifts, and then finishing your errands. It only takes a few seconds for a thief to look into your vehicle, smash the door glass out and run.
6. Try online shopping. Instead of window shopping and fighting the mall crowds, you can shop while relaxing in the comfort of your own home, greatly reducing the risk of broken auto glass during the holidays.
If you take all these precautions and still find out you're in need of a Minnesota auto glass repair or windshield replacement, remember Rapid Glass offers fast same day mobile service, lifetime warrantees, uses original equipment glass, has certified installers, and strives for 100% customer satisfaction.
About Rapid Glass:
Rapid Glass is a family owned MN auto glass repair and windshield replacement company that services Minneapolis, St. Paul and its surrounding suburbs. They also specialize in home window glass replacements; shower enclosures, mirrors, and commercial doors or windows for your Twin cities business.
# # #