New York (PRWEB) December 17, 2007
RFID Journal, the worldâ€™s leading media and events company covering radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, announced today that Procter & Gamble COO Bob McDonald and Samâ€™s Club Executive VP Greg Johnston will deliver keynote addresses at RFID Journal LIVE! 2008, RFID Journalâ€™s sixth annual conference and exhibition. This event, the worldâ€™s largest RFID conference and exhibition, will be held April 16 to 18, 2008, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
The conference program will feature more than 50 objective end-user case studies and how-to sessions led by RFID experts with real-world RFID experience. More than 200 speakers will present objective information about where RFID can benefit businesses today and where it cannot. Among the speakers already confirmed for the conference program are:
- Ken Mangold, HB Hunt
- Mark Moran, John Deer
- Steve Lederer, The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Anne Ferriter, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Zach Thom, Unilever
- Mike Rose, Johnson & Johnson
- Brian Chisholm, Rexam
- David Richards, ASD Healthcare
- John Ryan, Hawaii Department of Agriculture's
- Debbie Fogg, Spirit Aerosystems
- Jean-Pierre Emond, IFAS Center for Food Distribution and Retailing
- Ed Benincasa, FN Manufacturing
- Max Tejeda, Tejas Tubular
- Bill Hardgrave, RFID Research Center
- Larry Pietrowski, co-owner of Costa View Farms
- Yoshibumi Kotsuka, Mitsui & Company
- Nick Bonderenco, IATA
The program is divided into 8 tracks. Five focus on industries benefiting from RFID today:
Retail/Consumer Packaged Goods, Aerospace/Defense, Pharmaceuticals, Supply Chain/Logistics; and Manufacturing.
Three more tracks are designed to help attendees at every level capitalize on the benefits of RFID: Getting Started, How to Deploy RFID and Executive Strategy
The event will also feature 10 preconferences that will address the educational needs of specific audiences within the broader RFID community:
- RFID Journal University offers the foundational knowledge needed to understand RFID applications and engage vendors.
- RFID in the Food Chain shows how RFID and related technologies can improve operations, reduce spoilage and save money for meat, fresh produce and other companies.
- RFID For IT Service Providers explains how companies that provide IT services can track their assets as well as develop RFID applications for their customers.
- RFID for the Government Sector shows how government agencies can use RFID to track assets, files and evidence, improve library operations and develop parking management and other applications.
- RFID in Health Care, produced in partnership with Academia, will educate health care providers on how to use RFID to improve patient safety, automate billing and improve asset utilization and maintenance.
- RFID for Packaging and Labeling explains how packaging manufacturers and label converters can add RFID to their products.
- RFID in the Chemical Industry reveals how chemical companies can use a variety of RFID technologies to improve the safety, security and efficiency of their suppy chains.
- RFID in the Auto Industry focuses on how auto companies can use RFID to improve parts management, track work in process and enhance supply chain efficiencies.
- AIM Auto-ID Channel Seminar, produced in partnership with AIM North America, helps systems integrators, resellers and VARs understand how they can add RFID to their service offerings.
- RFID Investorsâ€™ Forum, produced in partnership with Venture Development Corp., provides insights into the market for venture capitalists and other investors.
RFID Journal LIVE! 2008 will also feature more than 200 leading technology providers exhibiting on the 100,000-square-foot trade show floor. The exhibit hall will showcase live demonstration centers and, for the first time ever, technology companies will compete for the Best in Show new product award, to be determined by attendees.
In addition, EPCglobal will conduct a Joint Action Group meeting prior to RFID Journal LIVE! 2008, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers will hold its IEEE RFID 2008 conference in conjunction with the event. The EPCglobal meeting is a gathering of members from all action groups that contribute to the development of EPCglobal standards. The IEEE event is the second in a series of annual conferences dedicated to addressing the technical and policy challenges in the areas of RFID technologies, as well as their supporting large-scale distributed information systems and applications.
Register early to save up to $500 off a conference pass. For more information about RFID Journal LIVE! 2008, please visit http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live/.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information about radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision-makers worldwide in print, online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournal.com.