We chose a supplements partner, Ion Labs, which also manufactures prescription pharmaceuticals. As a result, their facilities, equipment, processes, ingredients, and labeling are rigorously evaluated and inspected by FDA standards, whether they are manufacturing prescription pharmaceuticals or our supplements.
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) December 18, 2007
A recent survey conducted by Wellness Professionals, a leading solution provider for musculoskeletal pain found that the majority of doctors and consumers believe some nutritional supplements to be valuable (70% of MDs, 85% of consumers). At the same time, both groups are concerned about the quality of available supplements due to the lack of regulation of most supplement manufacturers.
Supplement manufacturers often have one or more of three problems: unreliable sources, false advertising, and non-therapeutic dosing. Working closely with a medical advisory group and a manufacturing partner, Wellness Professionals developed a line of supplements free of these problems.
- Unreliable sources: Most supplements in local grocery and vitamin store chains are manufactured in facilities without any regulation or oversight. As a result, processes and standards are unknown and actual ingredients often do not match those listed on the label.
- What Wellness Professionals did differently: "We chose a supplements partner, Ion Labs, which also manufactures prescription pharmaceuticals. As a result, their facilities, equipment, processes, ingredients, and labeling are rigorously evaluated and inspected by FDA standards, whether they are manufacturing prescription pharmaceuticals or our supplements."
- False Advertising: Many supplements are sold for musculoskeletal benefits without clear evidence of efficacy and safety. However, there are a select few supplements that offer measurable results when used for musculoskeletal pain and problems.
- What Wellness Professionals did differently: "We only sell supplements that have clinical evidence demonstrating benefits for musculoskeletal conditions."
- Non-Therapeutic Dosing: Supplement dosing is often inconsistent with what the clinical evidence says is a therapeutic dose. You may be getting more or less of key ingredients, as well as unlisted ingredients. For example, Glucosamine & Chondroitin supplements often lack the required 1500 mg/1200 mg daily dose for therapeutic benefit.
- What Wellness Professionals did differently: "We chose an FDA certified manufacturing partner to ensure that you get the dosing and ingredients you need for a therapeutic impact on your pain."
Professional and Consumer Perspectives
Todd Borus, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon in Washington. Dr. Borus commented that, "it will be a significant benefit to [his] patients to have access to Glucosamine & Chondroitin of this quality."
Kristin Noonan, a consumer who has purchased supplements at http://www.wellnessprofessionals.com said, "I am so glad to have the comfort and security of knowing that my supplements come from an FDA certified facility."
About Wellness Professionals
"Our mission is to help people prevent, solve and relieve musculoskeletal pain. We offer an integrated set of resources (health information, diagrams & pictures, lifestyle, products, supplements, exercises, and online community) targeted to 100 common musculoskeletal conditions. We measure the value of what we offer by asking customers to tell us their pain and mobility when they first start a relationship with us and every two months for a year thereafter." Based in Cambridge, MA, Wellness Professionals can be found at http://www.wellnessprofessionals.com.