New York, NY (PRWEB) December 17, 2007
Money Management Letter, a publication of Institutional Investor News, has announced the nominees for the 7th Annual Public Pension Fund Awards. To honor the nominees, Institutional Investor News, in collaboration with Information Management Network, will host an awards ceremony on March 2, 2008 at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa in Huntington Beach, Calif.
More information about each of the nominees is available at:
More information about the awards ceremony is available at:
Money Management Letter Lifetime Achievement Award:
Chuck Valdes, Chairman of the California Public Employees Retirement System’s Investment Committee.
Nominees in all nine categories were selected based primarily on their accomplishments during the 2007 calendar year. The nominees are as follows:
Large Public Plan of the Year Nominee
- Arkansas Teachers Retirement System
- California State Teachers Retirement System
- New Jersey Division of Investment
- South Carolina Retirement System
Mid-Sized Public Plan of the Year Nominees
- Cincinnati Retirement System
- Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Missouri Department of Transportation & Patrol Employees Retirement System
- San Bernardino County Employees Retirement Association
Small Public Fund of the Year Nominees
- Austin Police Retirement Fund
- Haverhill Retirement System
- Louisiana State Police Retirement System
- Ohio State Highway Patrol Retirement System
Marketer of the Year Nominees
- James Clarke, V.P. for U.S. Institutional Business, PIMCO
- Kristin Hovencamp, Director of Institutional Sales, GAM
- Paul Meskiewicz, Managing Director, Institutional Investment Products, Hartford Financial Group
Public Plan Consultant of the Year
- Doug Kryscio, Principal and Senior Consultant, Mercer
- Allan Martin, Partner, New England Pension Consultants
- Michael O’Leary, executive v.p., Callan Associates
Bond Manager of the Year Nominees
- Ashmore Investment Management
- Loomis, Sayles & Co.
Equity Manager of the Year Nominee
- Baring Asset Management
- Dimensional Fund Advisors
Alternatives Manager of the Year Nominees
- The Blackstone Group
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Paulson & Co.
Emerging Manager of the Year Nominees
- Credo Capital Management
- Phocus Financial
- Piedmont Investment Advisors
About the Money Management Letter Industry Awards:
Opinions are solicited from the industry but the nominees and winners are selected exclusively by the editorial staff of Money Management Letter. Public pension plans and their officials, consultants and asset managers are eligible for awards. Nominees and winners represent the best and brightest in their field. For more information on the awards dinner and ceremony, please visit the http://www.moneymanagementletter.com/mml/2008awards/ or contact Tracey Redmond, Awards Director, at tredmond(at)iievents.com, 212-22-43239.
About the Publication
Money Management Letter is the leading publication that covers the U.S. asset management and pension funds industries.
Information Management Network (IMN) is the market leader in organizing finance and investment conferences.