We'll leave the light on for you
Carrollton, Texas (PRWEB) December 18, 2007
The holidays mean heavy traffic, as each year more and more Americans travel great distances to be with family and friends. According to AAA, 65.2 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home over the 2007 holiday season. As the day approaches, many holiday travelers remember last year's trip - dragging a pack of screaming kids and a load of gifts along on the yearly trip to grandma's house - and are filled with despair. Smart travelers know to plan ahead. Here are six suggestions for making your family's holiday road adventure one to remember - in a good way:
- Research your destination using trip planners like the Motel 6 "Family Fun Zone." Be informed and up-to-date so you can plan accordingly - especially if you're headed to an unfamiliar location.
- Make a travel budget before you leave by calculating expenses and figuring how much money you have available for your holiday trip.
- Keep gas prices in mind and plan your route accordingly. This is especially important during a peak driving season like the holidays. Websites like gasbuddy.com, GasPriceWatch.com and aaa.com can provide information on gas prices around the country.
- Plan ahead for accommodations so you don't have to depend on relatives. Tools like the Motel 6 Trip Planner can help make this easier.
- Make arrangements for your pet and bring them along for the ride. Look for pet-friendly hotels, such as Motel 6, when making lodging arrangements.
- Plan some relief from the tedium of the road with games, music and books, as well as regular pit stops. Motel 6 has hilarious podcasts by Tom Bodett available for download at motel6.com to help pass the time.
While many travelers may associate holiday trips with troublesome past experiences, it doesn't mean this year can't be different. With a few simple steps, you can plan ahead and make your holiday road trip a safer, less stressful and more enjoyable experience.
For more information on the Motel 6 Family Fun Zone or the Motel 6 Trip Planner please visit http://www.motel6.com.
About Motel 6
Motel 6 offers the best price of any national chain at more than 850 company-owned and franchised locations covering 48 U.S. states and Canada. For 21 years Motel 6 has used the tagline, "We'll leave the light on for you," earning the chain the highest brand recognition in the economy lodging segment. Motel 6 was the first national pet friendly chain, welcoming pets since 1962. Standard amenities include free local phone calls, no long distance access charges, free morning coffee, data ports, and cable channel line-up with premium channels including HBO, ESPN/ESPN2, and CNN. Most locations offer swimming pools and guest laundry facilities. For more information, visit http://www.motel6.com.
About Accor North America
Headquartered in Dallas (Carrollton), Texas, Accor North America operates more than 870 upscale and economy properties including nationwide economy leaders Motel 6 and Studio 6 and the upscale Sofitel and mid-scale Novotel and Ibis hotel locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit http://www.accor-na.com.
About Accor Worldwide
Accor, the European leader in hotels and tourism, and a global leader in corporate services, operates in nearly 100 countries with 170,000 employees. It offers to its individual and corporate clients 40 years of expertise in its two core businesses:
- Hotels, with the Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Suitehotel, Ibis, All Seasons, Etap Hotel, Formule 1, Motel 6 and Studio 6 brands: over 4,100 hotels and 486,000 rooms in 90 countries, as well as strategically related activities, such as Lenôtre ;
- Services to corporate clients and public institutions: 23 million people in 35 countries benefit from Accor Services products - meal and food vouchers, people care, incentive and loyalty programs.
# # #