Bloomington, IN (PRWEB) December 20, 2007
AuthorHouse® wants to help writers accomplish one of their New Year's resolutions - publishing a book in 2008. Thousands of authors utilized self-publishing in 2007 to reach their publishing goals. Here are six helpful tips from AuthorHouse to help you get your book published in 2008:
1. Pick a target date for holding the first copy of your book in your hands - Staying focused on this date will help you remain productive. Many first-time authors pick dates with special significance, such as a birthday, professional meeting, or speaking engagement.
2. Pay attention to the best time and place for you to write productively - Most experienced writers say they've learned there are better times and settings for them to write. Once you've figured out where and when you do your best writing, commit to it.
3. Set a schedule to meet your goal - Once you pick your publication date, work backwards, putting dates on a calendar of when you need your manuscript completed and submitted. Also, build in time for illustrations or editing if needed. Experienced self-publishing companies such as AuthorHouse can help you with your schedule.
4. Make yourself accountable to someone for finishing your book - Choose someone who will make sure you're staying focused. It can be a friend, family member, or someone familiar with book publishing. AuthorHouse representatives have served in this role for thousands of authors.
5. Create a marketing plan for your finished book - The success of a book is often directly tied to successful planning. Develop a plan for how you'll get the word out about your new book. Your own Web site, press releases, book signings, and speaking engagements should all be considered.
6. Plan an event to celebrate your book's publication - Writing a book can be one of the most enjoyable accomplishments of your life. Celebrate by throwing a launch party or scheduling a book signing at a local bookstore. This is more than a book, it's part of your legacy. Take a few moments to enjoy your achievement.
AuthorHouse is the leading provider of publishing and marketing services for authors worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.authorhouse.com.