At the heart of Diversity.GradSchools.com is the philosophy that providing minority learners with valuable, easily accessible information and helpful tools will empower students to make informed decisions
Chester, PA (PRWEB) December 19, 2007
Diversity.GradSchools.com, an EducationDynamics, LLC web portal, recently emerged as the premier online graduate school directory designed to help underrepresented students find and gain acceptance into graduate programs. Launched last month, the site aims to raise awareness of the many educational opportunities available to minority students and provides easy access to a vast array of graduate education resources.
According to the U.S. Department of Education, only 17 percent of all current graduate students belong to an underrepresented group. Diversity.GradSchools.com seeks to increase the percentage of minority students participating in post-graduate programs by connecting more students with graduate education opportunities.
"At the heart of Diversity.GradSchools.com is the philosophy that providing minority learners with valuable, easily accessible information and helpful tools will empower students to make informed decisions," says Lori Mitchell, general manager of GradSchools.com. "We believe participation levels will rise and minority students will gain acceptance into programs that best match their career aspirations."
Diversity.GradSchools.com, a sub-portal of GradSchools.com, the Internet's most popular graduate school directory, offers a variety of resources that address every phase of the graduate school lifecycle. From finding the right program to financial aid information to personal guidance, the site offers insightful and practical tools and advice to ease anxiety often felt by prospective graduate students hailing from underrepresented groups. These features include:
- Graduate Program Searches--Find post-graduate diversity programs in a wide scope of subjects ranging from accounting to zoology from a database of more than 60,000 institutions.
- Comprehensive Funding Guide--Access detailed information on how to utilize financial aid packages, research/teaching assistantships, and fellowships available exclusively to minority students to make graduate education more affordable.
- Support--Locate minority program offices dedicated to the education of underrepresented populations, and access student blogs offering advice on everything from choosing a grad program to juggling work and school to successful networking skills from students who are going through a similar process.
- News and Events Calendar--Access articles in an extensive library of information on diversity graduate education, and keep up to date on the latest events for minority graduate students.
- Featured Programs--Learn about different diversity graduate programs through weekly in-depth profiles.
For more information or to find post-graduate opportunities for underrepresented students, visit http://Diversity.GradSchools.com.
Gradschools.com, an EducationDynamics, LLC web portal, is the Internet's leading source of graduate school information. The site helps students find their ideal graduate school through a comprehensive directory of more than 60,000 graduate school programs organized by subject, school and location, as well as an extensive resource center with articles and blogs. For more information, visit http://www.GradSchools.com.
EducationDynamics, LLC, a portfolio company of Halyard Capital, is a leading interactive marketing and information services company focused on helping higher education institutions find, enroll and retain students. Through some of the most visible education websites, including EarnMyDegree.com, eLearners.com, GradSchools.com, and StudyAbroad.com, as well as its Internet marketing services team, EducationDynamics is one of the leading providers of qualified leads for colleges and universities. The company offers a full suite of web-delivered products and services to manage a school's relationship with students across their entire lifecycle from acquisition to alumni. For more information about EducationDynamics, please visit http://www.educationdynamics.com.