The Gap between What We Know and What We Do about Childhood Obesity: A Multi-factor Model for Assessment, Intervention, and Prevention
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) December 21, 2007
Walden University, a leading distance learning institution, published the inaugural issue of the Journal of Social, Behavioral, and Health Sciences this month. This online, peer-reviewed journal focuses on interdisciplinary research and practice, and encourages the exchange of ideas between researchers and practitioners.
The first issue includes the following articles by scholar-practitioners in Walden's online university community and from other institutions:
- "The Gap between What We Know and What We Do about Childhood Obesity: A Multi-factor Model for Assessment, Intervention, and Prevention"
- "Vulnerability For Drug Use Among Polydrug-Using Urban Youth and Young Adults"
- "Linking Beauty and Health Among African American Women: Using Focus Group Data to Build Effective Interventions"
- "Pretreatment Variables for the Innovative Application of Urine Alarm Treatment for Young Children in Fourteen Outpatient Clinics in Israel"
- "Relations of Changes in Self-Efficacy, Exercise Attendance, Mood, and Perceived and Actual Physical Changes in Obese Women: Assessing Treatment Effects Using Tenets of Self-Efficacy Theory"
- "Effects of the Youth Fit For Life Protocol on Physiological Factors, Mood, Self-Appraisal, Voluntary Physical Activity, and Fruit and Vegetable Consumption in Children Enrolled in YMCA After-School Care"
The online university journal also has an open call for papers.
For more information about this distance learning institution, visit http://www.WaldenU.edu. For more information about the Journal of Social, Behavioral, and Health Sciences, visit http://www.jsbhs.org.
About Walden University:
Since 1970, Walden University has offered working professionals the opportunity to earn advanced degrees through distance learning. Today, this comprehensive, accredited online university offers master's and doctoral degrees in education, psychology, management, public policy and administration, and health and human services--as well as master's programs in engineering and IT and bachelor's completion programs in business. Walden University is a member of the Laureate International Universities network, the largest global network of accredited campus-based and online universities.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, http://www.ncahlc.org ; 312-263-0456.
About the Journal of Social, Behavioral, and Health Sciences:
The Journal of Social, Behavioral, and Health Sciences is a peer-reviewed, online, interdisciplinary journal focusing on research findings that address contemporary national and international issues.
# # #