Colorado Springs, Colo. (PRWEB) December 21, 2007
- Whether it's hosting a party at home or joining a group of friends at a favorite bar, many people have begun making special plans to ring in the new year. While these plans differ, they most likely will have one common factor--drinking alcohol. As a result, Colorado Springs-based McDivitt Law Firm (http://www.McDivittLaw.com) is providing free cab rides home for anyone who has been drinking or who doesn't feel he or she has a safe way home this New Year's weekend.
"Thinking that one or two drinks while celebrating New Year's Eve won't impair your driving is a dangerous mistake," said Michael McDivitt, founder of McDivitt Law Firm. "Unfortunately, many people misjudge their sobriety and end up hurting themselves and others on the road. Driving drunk is a selfish decision--one that takes lives. With that in mind, we are offering a safe road home in the hopes of preventing drunk-driving injuries."
McDivitt Law Firm will team up with Yellow Cab Company of Colorado Springs to provide free transportation this New Year's holiday weekend. The law firm's Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home program will be available in the city of Colorado Springs from 10 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 31, 2007, through 4 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008.
To request a free cab ride home, individuals can call Yellow Cab Company of Colorado Springs at (719) 777-7777 and tell them McDivitt Law Firm is paying for their safe ride home. Cab rides are made available to area residents who otherwise might attempt to drive home after drinking. Rides are provided to an individual's residence--not to other drinking locations.
About McDivitt Law Firm
McDivitt Law Firm (http://www.McDivittLaw.com) is a highly visible and respected Colorado personal- and work-injury law firm that provides legal advice and representation for a wide variety of issues, including those related to workers' compensation, Social Security Disability, and general personal injury claims for those injured in Colorado and beyond. With offices in downtown Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Denver, McDivitt Law Firm was founded by Attorney Mike and Dr. Karen McDivitt and includes lawyers, paralegals, and support staff to provide caring, aggressive, energetic, and thorough legal representation for people who have been injured physically, psychologically, economically, and emotionally.
About Safe and Sober
This is the first year McDivitt Law Firm has offered the Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home program, which seeks to raise community awareness regarding the dangers of drunk driving and encourage individuals to make responsible choices by providing a safe transportation alternative during many of the traditionally high alcohol consumption holidays.
New Year's Safety Tips
- Always have a designated driver if alcoholic beverages are being served.
- If you are hosting a party, provide nonalcoholic beverages in addition to alcoholic drinks.
- Think about the dangers and the serious consequences of driving drunk.
- Plan the evening in advance and decide on your transportation alternative before going out.
- Call (719) 777-777 to request a Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home--tell them McDivitt Law Firm is picking up the tab.
To learn more about the impact of drunk driving, visit Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) at http://www.madd.org.
# # #