New York, NY (PRWEB) December 23, 2007
While it is true that many New Year's resolutions fall by the wayside come February, make a firm commitment to your success this year by writing a list of resolutions that you will in turn transform into long term goals. In an effort to avoid grandiose and often elusive resolutions, Pierce Mattie PR (http://www.piercemattie.com) has compiled a top 10 list of public relations resolutions that will effectively help you stay focused on the bigger picture without sabotaging your drive to succeed should you meet with any obstacles along the way.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal -- a commitment to excellence -- that will enable you to attain the success you seek." Mario Andretti.
1. I will no longer send out press releases. Instead I will send out "news" releases and do so at least once a week.
2. I will commit to take the time to personalize my pitches with several different versions of the news releases to the niche media I am sending it to.
3. I will make a habit out of not pitching to bloggers, but will converse with them instead.
4. I will develop PR campaigns that tell a story with an innovative and/or compelling angle.
5. I will utilize social networking and the blogosphere with transparency, not as just another venue for press.
6. I will commit to being an active listener to my client, to the consumer, and throughout web 2.0. Listening leads to questions, questions lead to conversations, conversations develop relationships.
7. I will commit to making 20 phone calls per day.
8. I will commit to setting micro-goals that are achievable on a weekly basis so that I don't sabotage my motivation to succeed.
9. I will focus on quality exposure for my client instead of quantity.
10. I will invest time to research and educate myself on Web 2.0 and all of its additional folksonomies so that disjointed media is no longer an obstacle to my success.
About Pierce Mattie Public Relations: Launched in 2001 by wellness lifestyle editor and expert Pierce Mattie, Pierce Mattie PR remains the industry leader in communications for luxury beauty, fashion, health and fitness brands alike with growing divisions in home furnishings and fine jewelry. With offices located bi-coastally in New York and Los Angeles, Pierce Mattie PR has their hand on the pulse of the industry and has the capabilities of securing national and regional press for their clients.
To learn more about Pierce Mattie Public Relations visit http://www.piercemattie.com or call 212-243-1431 (NY) or 323-469-5500 (LA).