New York, NY (PRWEB) December 23, 2007
Each year public relations professionals and industry brands are carefully constructing pitches to describe a product to editors and the media in a way that will vividly illustrate the look and feel of it and immediately prompt a response in return. As with previous years, there are always key buzz words being used and Pierce Mattie Public Relations (http://www.piercemattie.com) has developed a list of the product descriptors best used to describe, pitch and sell your product in the lifestyle, beauty and fashion industries.
1. Consumers continue to lead stressful, busy lives; positioning your product as one that will provide peace and relaxation will continue to help it reach your desired target. Buzz words being used: Renewal, refreshing, nourishing, invigorating, effortless, rejuvenating.
2. Products that appear backed by science are also still being sought out. Buzz words being used to convey this: Revolutionary, propriety formula/blend, innovative, potent, patented, nutraceutical, botaniceutical.
3. While hype is often looked at with skepticism, consumers still seek a results-driven miracle product. Buzz words being used: Dramatic, exponentially, spectacular, results within minutes/hours/days.
4. As our economy doesn't show signs of springing back to life anytime soon, consumers are looking for a way to stretch their dollar. Buzz words being used: Value, versatile, blend of function & fashion, functional.
5. There are also still many consumers that derive their sense of status from the high end products they purchase. Buzz words being used for this demographic: Premium, luxury, chic, opulent, premiere, exclusive.
6. The environment is on the forefront of consumer's minds as we try to become "greener." Buzz words being used: Sustainable, registered organic, organic, eco-friendly, ethical, exotic, rare, going green.
7. In the past year weight and shape continued to be a buzz in the fashion industry, especially as we head into New Year's resolutions and onto swimsuit season. Buzz words that are eye catching are: Figure flattering, cinches your waist, minimizes, compliments, hides.
8. Health has become a priority and consumers are always looking for the healthy angle to your product. Buzz words being used: Probiotics, medical grade, wellness, wellness from within.
9. Baby boomers are over the "anti" everything description, they are responding to more positive terms. Buzz words are: Pro-age, preserving, image extending, youth extending.
10. Generation Me continues into 2008 with buzz words like: Generation C (content), MIY (make it yourself), SIY (sell it yourself), DIY (do it yourself).
To learn more about Pierce Mattie Public Relations visit http://www.piercemattie.com or call 212-243-1431 (NY) or 323-469-5500 (LA).
About Pierce Mattie Public Relations: Launched in 2001 by wellness lifestyle editor and expert Pierce Mattie, Pierce Mattie PR remains the industry leader in communications for luxury beauty, fashion, health and fitness brands alike with growing divisions in home furnishings and fine jewelry. With offices located bi-coastally in NY and LA, Pierce Mattie PR has their hand on the pulse of the industry and has the capabilities of securing national and regional press for their clients.