Melbourne, Australia (PRWEB) December 28, 2007
For extraordinary achievement during the past year, SLCN.TV held an awards ceremony to honor the work of virtual television producers. They are the first in an emerging field, working as production teams in the virtual world of Second Life to create live television entertainment.
Second Life is the 3D virtual world created by Linden Lab of San Francisco, where people represent themselves as avatars. SLCN.TV is a virtual cable network for Second Life residents and broadcasts 24/7 over eight special interest channels.
Gary Wisniewski, SLCN.TV CEO, said, "Over the past year SLCN.TV viewers have enjoyed programming that includes at least 10 live shows per week. We could not have achieved this without the collaboration of our production teams."
The award ceremony was held in Second Life on 19 December on an island called Hollywood that includes a virtual representation of the Hollywood Bowl complete with red carpet interviews. Highlight excerpts from the past year were shown for each recipient. Categories included "Exceptional Achievement in…"
- Design and Choreography: MODA Fashion Spotlight
- Sports Programming Excellence: SLASCAR Dirt Track Racing
- Innovative Use of Media to Raise the Level of Debate about Virtual Words: Metaversed
- Impeccable Production Mastery: Tonight Live with Paisley Beebe
- Cinematic Technique Across Multiple Regions: Sail On
- Scripting and Design in a True Fantasy Experience: Giant Snail Races
- What Second Life is All About: SL Hockey
- Miss Congeniality: duckyfresh Watanabe for her work across several SLCN.TV shows
"Although the awards event in Second Life was light-hearted fun, the appreciation is genuine. SLCN.TV has over 60 people involved in virtual television production, with the team growing as more shows go to air in 2008. These are pioneers in a new entertainment production model and deserve recognition - plus a round of applause," says Wisniewski.
SLCN.TV shows are available at http://www.slcn.tv