Monterey, CA (PRWEB) May 3, 2007
ShareMethods, a leading provider of on-demand sales and marketing document management, today announced the immediate availability of ShareDrive OnDemand. ShareDrive OnDemand allows ShareMethods subscribers to access their documents on their desktop, based on open industry standards. One of the biggest limitations cited with the emergence of Office 2.0 online office applications, is the requirement to work solely in a web browser and to be connected to a live network. ShareDrive OnDemand addresses a number of these limitations and provides a variety of powerful capabilities for offline work, access in traditional desktop applications, and for desktop integration such as:
- Drag and Drop: Users can drag and drop files from the desktop into a secure on-demand document repository, organized with the familiar model of files and folders.
- Document Editing On-Demand: Users can open an on-demand document in its native application from the document repository, edit it, and save it directly into an on-demand document repository.
- Offline Synchronization: Users can select one or more folders of content that will be synchronized for offline use (i.e., when traveling or on the road). Any updated documents on the local laptop or desktop or on the server will be automatically synchronized when reconnecting to the network.
- Batch Upload: Users can upload multiple documents at once with background batch uploads.
- Batch Download: Users can download multiple documents at once with background batch downloads.
- Local Backup: All documents from the on-demand document repository can be backed up locally to a server, laptop, or desktop computer at the click of a mouse on-demand or at scheduled times.
- Visual Previews and Thumbnails: Users can view visual thumbnails and previews of rich media content on the desktop for all of their on-demand documents.
"We are delighted with the capabilities of ShareDrive On-Demand", said Andy Barbour, senior director of channel sales at LiteScape Technologies, a unified communications IP application developer, and a ShareMethods customer with a contract for 220 subscribers. "We are driving an aggressive Channel Program with our partners, such as Cisco, Avaya, WebEx and AT&T, and ShareDrive On-Demand provides us with desktop access to enable maximum, personalized communications. ShareDrive On-Demand addresses key challenges with other Office 2.0 solutions where documents are only accessible via the internet increasing the risk of limited or no access to documents at critical times."
"ShareDrive On-Demand is a big step beyond current Office 2.0 solutions that claim desktop integration", said Eric Hoffert, CEO of ShareMethods. "Our solution has the broadest range of functionality possible for desktop integration and offline use using open industry standards. Many competing alternatives do not support offline synchronization or local backup. ShareDrive On-Demand is the solution of choice for enterprise customers of document management on-demand. We are thrilled to hear about the benefits experienced by our key customers".
Basic desktop integration functionality can be accessed for free via ShareDrive Lite using web folders in the native operating system. ShareDrive OnDemand requires an additional component of desktop client software called WebDrive (from South River Technologies). The pricing for ShareDrive OnDemand is an additional $5 per user per month for all ShareMethods' subscribers.
On May 3, at the Red Herring Spring 2007 Conference (in Monterey, California) in a Keynote Roundtable session, ShareMethods' CEO Eric Hoffert will be discussing the growing trend to move document creation, management, and sharing online via the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. This trend reflects significant improvements in the ease of securely sharing and accessing documents and content anywhere, anyplace, and anytime.
With ShareMethods, sales and marketing teams can store, manage, and share documents easily and securely, collaborating with extended selling networks to close more business, providing a cost-effective alternative to developing and supporting a sales and marketing intranet or extranet. ShareMethods combines advanced document management, collaboration, and CRM integration into powerful on-demand solutions. The "Sales and Marketing Portal in a Box" approach can cost less than one tenth of the price of traditional enterprise software. ShareMethods received an "Excellent" rating for usability from eWeek and scored 9 out of 10 for "Ease of Use, Implementation, and Value" from InfoWorld. The company was recognized together with salesforce.com in the InfoWorld Top 100 for one of the Best IT Projects of 2004 and as one of the CRM WizKids for 2006 by noted CRM analyst Denis Pombriant. ShareMethods provides on-demand services to more than 200 companies on a global basis with users in 32 countries and customers including BusinessWeek (a division of McGraw-Hill Companies), CNET Channel (a division of CNET Networks), salesforce.com, HID Corp., JMJ Associates, TI Broadcast Solutions Group, Evolution Benefits, and others. ShareMethods services include ShareMethods, ShareNow for AppExchange, and ShareDrive OnDemand, Visit http://www.sharemethods.com or call 1-877-SHARENOW for more information.