Tampa, FL (PRWEB) July 9, 2007
BestDietForMe.com (http://www.BestDietForMe.com) provides a free online diet analysis service, to identify (by name) which of the top 60 diet plans best fits your lifestyle, budget and food preferences. Previously, there was a fee to obtain one’s diet program “matches” and in-depth company reports. The service is now free.
“Many dieters today are confused by all the weight loss plans on the market. They’re bombarded with exaggerated claims of quick and easy weight loss and misleading information about the true cost of programs. Marketdata, a weight loss market analyst since 1989, created http://www.BestDietForMe.com four years ago to help consumers research programs before signing up. If you’re spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a diet plan, you might as well choose the best one for your needs”, according to Research Director, John LaRosa
250,000+ people have registered with this website, utilizing its 800+ pages of free weight loss articles. The site ranks among the top 3 traffic diet websites on the Internet. The parent company, Marketdata, is in the unique position of being completely unbiased, as its does not sell any weight loss programs or products of its own.
A database of 60 of the most legitimate and popular diets is searched after the consumer fills out an easy but in-depth online survey covering one’s budget, nutritional profile, exercise habits, and lifestyle factors. Immediately upon completion, results appear on the screen, with links to descriptive diet program reports, commentary from http://www.BestDietForMe.com analysts, and access to special discounts and freebies by weight loss providers.
Major findings: characteristics of online dieters (1st qtr. 2007):
- Dieters’ Budgets… An overwhelming 85% of consumers want to spend less than $500 on weight loss programs, with 69% wanting to spend less than $250. Just 2.9% are willing to spend $1,500+.
- 89% of online dieters are female and 23% have an average starting weight of 150-174 lbs. Another 19% weigh 175-199 and 37% weigh more than 200.
- Preferred Location… Nearly 74% of dieting consumers favor a “do-it-yourself” weight loss plan accessed from home (website, phone), or use a diet book bestseller. Nearly 72% want self-directed counseling and 20% want a one-to-one approach.
- BMI (body mass index)… 49.2% of dieters had a BMI of 30 or higher, indicating they’re obese. 26% of had a BMI of 35+, meaning they may be candidates for bariatric surgery.
- Food Plan… 59% of dieters prefer to use supermarket food, 11.4% want pre-packaged or diet company food, 4% want meal replacements (shakes, nutrition bars), and 23% have no preference.
- Psychological Support… At least 45% of dieters need some form of Psychological Support (managing eating triggers, controlling portion sizes, help with binge eating and dining out), with 69% needing Emotional eating support.
These findings may explain why NutriSystem, a home delivery program, is so popular (and why dozens of other local gourmet and fresh food delivery services have emerged). Many dieters today want low cost, and not personal meetings with counselors at a weight loss center. They also want someone else to count the calories, carbs, and to prepare the meals. They seek convenience, and they want anonymity and privacy—explaining why the fastest-growing part of Jenny Craig’s business is their “Jenny Direct” plan, and why WeightWatchers.com, a diet website with 460,000 subscribers, is the fastest-growing portion of that firm’s business.
Exercise and counseling don’t seem to be as important to dieters searching for weight loss information online. Fully 37% want to design their own exercise program. NutriSystem reports that only 20% of their customers use their free phone counseling services—exactly the share of Bestdietforme.com visitors that say they want one-to-one counseling. However, what dieters Say they want and what they really Need, are two different things. It’s debatable whether they are getting the psychological and emotional support they need from do-it-yourself websites, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and diet books, rather than from a live counselor.
Bestdietforme.com covers ALL the top diet plans: NutriSystem, eDiets, the Atkins diet, Zone Diet, Richard Simmons, Body for Life, Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, Jenny Craig, LA Weight Loss, Slim-Fast, Herbalife, fad diets, diet books, MD plans, diet drugs, and many more.
http://www.BestDietForMe.com is operated by Marketdata Enterprises, an independent market research analyst of the U.S. weight loss industry since 1989. The website was developed by Marketdata, along with a nationally known registered dietitian and a PhD psychologist, and was not funded by any diet companies.
John LaRosa, Research Director
BestDietForMe.com / Marketdata Enterprises Inc.
# # #