Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) January 7, 2008
Matchbin, provider of a cutting edge technology platform that enables online communities on the World Wide Web, today announced the availability of several NEW "Interactive Features" to its Community Marketplace product. Users of Matchbin hosted Community Marketplace sites can now post comments about stories, email a story to a friend, recommend an article, participate in web polls and request related articles. A signature line containing the features described above appears within each article that enables users to quickly and easily interact with each other. Another exciting feature is the Content Digest feature that enables users to automatically receive articles and content important to them.
"These new interactive features of our Community Marketplace product provide community newspapers the same type of interactive capabilities of larger newspapers and community sites," said Reed Brown, president and CEO of Matchbin. "We have not found any other platform that provides these kinds of capabilities for smaller publications and community sites."
Below is a more detailed description of the new Interactive features:
- Signature line - contains several interactive links that enable the interactive capabilities.
o Comments - users can leave comments on news stories for others to read.
o Email an article to a friend - enables users to email an article to a friend quickly and easily.
o Recommend - users can recommend an article casting a positive or negative vote on an article.
o Article Age - part of the signature line contains an incrementing date stamp so users know how long the article has been online
- Related Articles - users can request articles that are related
- Web Polls - users can participate in random web polls
- Content Digest - enables users to receive only articles important to them that are based on key words
What Is a Matchbin Community Marketplace Website?
Matchbin's Community Marketplace provides existing communities the ability to enhance their
current web presence or power their entire online community. The Community Marketplace product was developed through close collaboration with existing owners of media companies and experts in the other targeted segments. The key capabilities of the product are:
Private labeled websites - hosted by Matchbin
- State-of-art template engine allowing fully customizable and branded websites
- Powerful website created in less than 5 hours
- Product packages and pricing controlled by the Community Marketplace owner
- Simple to use yet powerful multimedia online publishing solution to deliver hyperlocal articles, pictures, videos, and user created content.
Commerce - Facilitates B2C, C2C, and B2B transactions
- Seamless integration of online and print classified ads
- Local business directory creation and search
- Customizable websites for local businesses
- National and local business banner advertising
Social - Community Building
- Member posted community event calendar
- Collaborative multimedia online publishing, video, stories, pictures and audio
- User generated sub-communities such as clubs
- Blogs, Chat rooms, cell phone text message notification and chat capability
- Multiple profile social networking - total control of personal information
To learn more about the Community Marketplace Multimedia publishing system, join one of our upcoming webinars at http://www.matchbin.com.
Based in Salt Lake City, Matchbin is enabling a new market and large set of users by powering the world's first network of online community marketplaces. Matchbin is not seeking to become another branded web site like Facebook, eBay, or craigslist. Matchbin provides a hosted technology platform for online communities by providing the infrastructure and technology that allows existing, branded communities to publish and manage various types of hyperlocal content enabling them to thrive in the internet age. For more information on the Matchbin solution, visit http://www.matchbin.com.