Nutrition can be confusing if you listen to all the hype
Past News ReleasesRSS
(PRWEB) January 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ -- With 2008 here, consumers are looking for that magic pill that will make them look and feel better. They will find out that the magic pill is no longer a pill, and nutrition trends of 2008 will put them on the right path. “Nutrition can be confusing if you listen to all the hype” said Dr. Clive R. Spray, a biochemist and leader in nutrition research for the past 11 years for Mayorlabs.com
How can the health of both our family and ourselves be improved?
Here are 7 predictions from our list of 15 that will put you on track in 2008:
1. With all the superbugs going around, like strep, MRSA, bird flu, etc… What can we do? The best defense is to build a strong and healthy immune system. You already know you need a good multiple as well as supplementation with vitamin C and zinc. Research is starting to lean towards herbs that support the immune system. The top 3 herbs are Echinacea, garlic and goldenseal. They’re best when you can find them all in one formulation.
2. With this New Year, our bulges around our waists are getting larger. We are all tired of years and years of fad diets. The nutritional approach to weight loss finally begins to gain a foothold with the American population. Research continues to support the fact that obesity is linked to dietary deficiency rather than purely overeating. Providing the body the nutrients it needs to sustain daily activities leads to a marked reduction in overeating and obesity. You need to find a nutritional program that hits the 5 keys to weight loss (deficiency, caloric intake, acid factor, immune, and activity). The diet must include protein, vitamins, and minerals which effectively curb the appetite while maintaining optimum health.
3. Keep an eye out for the new “super-nutrient” to emerge in 2008. It will be vitamin D. Throughout 2007 we regularly read about emerging research on this nutrient, and this will continue into 2008. We fully expect government guidelines on the intake of vitamin D to be changed early in the year. Deficiency of vitamin D is common in the United States and worldwide. It is known to be important in bone mineral metabolism, but now we have information that it does much more. For example: good intake of vitamin D can reduce both hip fractures and other non-vertebral fractures; it can improve symptoms of leg weakness; it can improve lower extremity strength and improve walking for seniors; and it has even been shown to significantly diminish occurrence of certain cancers. Other metabolic disorders that may benefit from vitamin D include type 1 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, possibly type 2 diabetes, and multiple sclerosis.
4. More emphasis will be placed on bringing the body into balance. Extensive medical research will emerge supporting the view that too much of a single nutrient can be as damaging as too little, leading some nutritional companies to reformulate products and use the synergistic approach to nutrition.
- Multiple (takes care of dietary deficiency)
- Colloidal Minerals (takes care of dietary deficiency)
- C + Zinc (builds a healthy immune system)
- B12 (energizer)
These four products provide the nutrients the human body needs on a daily basis, with useful, usable doses that are easy on the body (and, of course, represent value for money).
5. The most significant trend in the nutritional industry was a novelty about 25 years ago when it was first introduced by Vitamist.com. Now accepted in the medical arena, it will start having acceptance and understanding as a delivery system for your nutrition. One medicine that is already being sprayed is nitroglycerin. This is a great example because it is being used to save lives throughout the country by EMTÂ’s - spray delivery is used because of purity, improved effectiveness, ease, and instant delivery. With all that background, vitamin sprays will grab the country’s attention as being the best way to take supplements.
6. The USA continues to lead the world in deaths from heart disease, despite what is largely regarded as the most advanced (if not the most available) health care system in the world. In addition, the availability of doctors, drugs, and hospitals, all specializing in heart health, is regarded as among the best in the world. Public awareness of this growing problem helps to drive a trend towards the “natural” approach to circulatory health. A simple amino acid, L-arginine, leads this trend. Nobel Prize winning work demonstrated that L-arginine is a major factor for vascular protection, together with L-citrulline.
7. The number one factor inducing health problems is STRESS!! The use of B-complex vitamins as an antidote to the effects of stress continues to gain in acceptance. During periods of extreme stress the body will deplete its reserves of B-vitamins and will also become susceptible to infection and disease.
It has been shown that good nutrition is a major key to good health and a longer life. Use these predicted trends to change your life for the better in 2008. For the rest of the predicted trends by Dr. Clive R. Spray, you can go to his web site - drspray.com
Contact- William Deihl
E-Mail- wmdeihl @ aol.com