Montgomery, IL (PRWEB) January 5, 2008
A new, scientifically-based e-book, The Truth about Six Pack Abs, debunks long-standing myths about diet and exercise. What makes this diet and exercise program different from other abdominal fitness programs?
- It does not focus on abdominal exercises.
- It does not include monotonous cardiovascular routines.
- It does not involve the use of diet or fat-reducing pills.
- It does not use abdominal machines or gadgets.
- It does not advocate any fad diet.
The author, fitness expert Michael Geary, writes, "Personally, looking back to my teen years when I was just starting to get interested in fitness and exercising, I wish that I understood all of the powerful training and nutrition secrets that I do today, 15 or so years later. It would have saved me years of frustration when I was training and eating in all the wrong ways. That's where this guide will set you straight for life, so that you don't have to struggle to try to figure everything out on your own for years like I did."
He adds, "Most people…waste much too much time training the abdominal muscles directly. What you really need to focus on is burning off the extra fat that is covering them up…Abdominal exercises do not burn excess fat away from your abs. This can only be accomplished through a much more effective full body training routine that maximizes both your metabolic response and your fat-burning hormonal response to your workouts."
Mr. Geary advises against doing too much cardiovascular exercise, instead espousing his own unique style of exercise selecting, combination and sequencing. He warns us not to be taken in by advertisements for abdominal exercise machines and gadgets, saying they are far less effective than the floor, hanging, standing, and core exercises that he explains in detail in the book.
When writing about nutrition, he advises against the use of dietary supplements (with some exceptions), saying that "real food," if it's the right food, is always healthier. His book includes a professional training and nutrition guide that will help us keep lean, toned, and trim for life.
The book includes:
- Over 15 little known secrets for revving up your metabolism
- Six unique "secret weapon" exercises that build a rock hard core and stimulate fat loss
- More than 13 specific nutritional secrets that will stimulate your inner metabolic furnace
- A list of five fat triggering foods that sabotage your efforts to get a slim, sexy body
- A unique nutrition trick that tells your body not to lower your metabolic rate
- And much more.
Michael Geary is a certified nutrition specialist and a certified personal trainer, specializing in body fat reduction strategies and functional strength and power training. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA. He is recognized by ezinearticles.com as a Platinum Expert Fitness Author, and has been chosen to be a contributing author to Muscle and Fitness magazine. He has published fitness articles on over 1,000 websites.
The Truth about 6 Pack Abs is downloadable at http://health-fitnessandmore.com/six-pack-abs/