CCM's functionality, flexibility and customization capabilities are unmatched by any other vendor in this space.
Vancouver, WA (PRWEB) January 5, 2008
Safetec Compliance Systems, a software as a service (SaaS) company specializing in MSDS and chemical compliance management, announced today that version 8 of its Chemical Compliance Manager (CCM) has been released.
"What propels this technology so far ahead is that it is so completely configurable and extensible," said Jim Frohlich, CEO. "CCM provides only the utilities that the end-user wants or needs and does not force them to adopt unnecessary functionalities like they have to do with most of the older and more expensive MSDS technology that is in the market today."
Safetec developers first challenged the status quo by migrating their software-only product to an internet-based service in 1998. In 2002, they raised the bar by completely rewriting their software for the Microsoft .NET platform. Today they have introduced the next generation of their chemical management solution that again leap-frogs the competition with an unmatched level of configurability to customer needs.
As state and federal regulations have increased in complexity and scope, organizations have had to scramble to justify the additional costs of compliance. Software as a service (SaaS) has proven to be a highly cost effective method of remaining compliant while also controlling these costs, with a high ROI over paper-based records or in-house developed systems.
CTO Paul Burkett reports the new version of CCM offers a number of advancements over the previous feature set. These include:
- Full inclusion of the Department of Homeland Security Appendix A of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS)
- Safetec's Dynamic Forms technology fully integrated to allow additional customization of the approval form itself such as default values, custom grids / lists, validation, and additional control types such as checkboxes.
- Forms existing in more than one queue or folder at the same time.
- Better support for facility-based approvals, such as allowing facility approval that migrates to a corporate approval.
- Customizable e-mail notifications based on the queue, user, specific events and conditions, etc.
- Direct one-to-one tie-in between the approval form and the MSDS record.
- Tier II report now online.
- New report that documents why a material was added to the Tier II report in the first place.
- New internationalization component and improved user interface characteristics have been added.
"The version 8 release of CCM sets a new standard for MSDS management and chemical compliance," said Burkett. "CCM's functionality, flexibility and customization capabilities are unmatched by any other vendor in this space."
Additionally, forty new chemical inventory reports were added in this release covering quantitative data as well as usage data.
Burkett continued, "Overall, we're extremely pleased with the new version of CCM and we want to thank our customers for working with us closely to make this a very advanced yet easy-to-use product."
Safetec is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company providing world-class MSDS and chemical compliance products and services to medium and large-sized organizations designed to reduce cost, simplify compliance procedures and protect employees. For additional information on Safetec Compliances Systems or the products that they offer, visit Safetec Website or call (888) 745-8943.