(PRWEB) January 4, 2008
The leading Internet Appliance provider, QNAP Systems, Inc., today announced the one-bay VioStor-101 and 2-bay VioStor-201 Network Video Recorder (NVR) for SMB and SOHO users. The VioStor series is a revolutionary network camera recorder which supports powerful remote monitoring, recording and playback, and concurrent connection of 4-channel (VioStor-101) or 8-channel (VioStor-201) network cameras. The VioStor series integrates all the functions of network video recorder for network cameras and a NAS, such as recording, remote monitoring/ playback, video storage/ backup, RAID and hot swap, etc.
With the simple 6-step installation, users can easily set up a network surveillance system in 5 minutes. The VioStor series can be perfectly bundled with many famous network cameras and video servers such as Axis, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Vivotek and LevelOne. They can be flexibly deployed in various applications and environments including convenient stores, jewelry stores, gas stations and small shops, etc. The recording and playback functions of VioStor are featured with manual, motion-detect-triggered, schedule, continuous, alarm-triggered recording modes with audio on or off options. Single, Quad, Sequential display modes and enhanced Picture-in-Picture option are supported in monitoring function.
According to Mr. Jacky Cheng, Product Manager from QNAP, "VioStor is the first world's first NVR system to adopt RISC CPU and embedded Linux architecture to enhance system stability and reliability. This innovative design helps simplify installation, reduce management and maintenance cost, and provides a more stable platform comparing to PC-based solution. Besides, the unique web-monitoring and management GUI of VioStor enables users to conveniently monitor any time, anywhere. RAID 1 capability is also embedded for secure storage and protection of the recording data."
Moreover, VioStor supports powerful access control functions (IP filter) to securely control the NVR system. For security-emphasized users, QNAP's unique powerful and detailed authority, access control is also another attractive add-on. The authority can be set for up to 32 users. Also, different monitoring and playback rights can be assigned for different users for flexible access control.
VioStor is compatible with major IP camera brands: AXIS, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Vivotek, and LevelOne. The features of VioStor are as below:
- Exclusive Linux + RISC CPU + embedded system-stable and reliable recording solution.
- Real-time monitoring/ recording of video and audio from versatile network cameras.
- Centralized multi-channel monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and selective display mode.
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, scheduled alarm recording, motion-detection-triggered recording, pre-alarm and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Ultra high-volume support up to 2TB for long-time recording.(VioStor-101 up to 1TB)
- Powerful remote management: Access and playback recordings via web browser, FTP, and Network Neighborhood under the secure authority control.
- Unique online user list function and host access/ authority control
- RAID1 hard disk mirroring to protect important recordings (VioStor-101's RAID function is enabled via eSATA interface)
- Equipped with two hot-swappable 1TB SATA disks, the recording time can extend up to 1.5 year!
- Effort-free maintenance: Stable, continuous recording with the intelligent recording policy.
- Trouble-free Installation. Visitor's setup procedure can be completed in 6 steps!
- One-touch video backup button provides an easy way to retrieve recordings of a particular period.
- Easy-to-deploy, small footprint and extra power-saving at only 25.2W. (VioStor-101 is only 14.4W / PC-based system usually consume more than 250W).
- Support UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system for 24×7 service.
- High speed Giga LAN port * 1
- Support mega pixel recording
QNAP VioStor-101/ 201 can be ordered via QNAP's global sales network of distributors and resellers. To find a QNAP distributor nearest to your location, visit the information site at http://www.qnap.com. If you are interested in becoming one of our distributors or resellers, please kindly do not hesitate to contact us on http://www.qnap.com/SalesInquiry.asp.
QNAP Systems, INC. (QNAP) is a devoted and dominant provider of Internet Appliance products. With our solid and integrated expertise in the Linux embedded platform, QNAP has released more than 30 models for the network storage and digital network surveillance series over the past 5 years, providing our consumers with high performance and high reliability storage, backup and surveillance solutions. Today, QNAP continues to lead the industry with our innovation in design and technology. Our products have gained worldwide recognition. For example, TS-109 Pro was honored the "The Best NAS Box" from MAXIMUMPC (US), "Lord of NAS" from Hexus (UK), and "Golden Bear Award" from Bjorn3D (US) etc. TS-209 Pro was honored "Gold Medal Award" from ComputerGEIL.dk (Denmark), Golden Award from InfoMods (France), and "Product of the Year 2007" from Hardware-TEST.dk (Denmark) etc.
QNAP Systems, Inc.
Mr. Richard Lee
E-mail: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #