Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) January 9, 2008
Compete-At, the leading innovator of sport event management software, today announced the availability of the Fishing module on the Compete-At Event Management platform.
Fishing tournament organizers can now use Compete-At's comprehensive Event Management platform to manage all aspects of fishing tournaments online from initial planning through posting results. All aspects of managing a fishing tournament have been integrated into Event Manager and presented to tournament organizers in a user-friendly interface. "Until today, fishing tournament organizers didn't have a focused solution tailored to meet their needs," explains David Ross, CEO at Compete-At. "The event management solutions available to them previously provided very few benefits -- short of simply collecting angler's registration fees. We realize this, and Compete-At takes a fundamentally different approach to sport event management to provide tournament organizers and anglers a completely unique solution."
Compete-At will be providing fishing tournament calendars, club and marina listings, results and online registration via the http://www.Compete-At-Fishing.com website. Additionally, Compete-At provides XML and RSS feeds of content to interested parties to help promote fishing tournaments and help web site owners easily integrate real-time postings by tournament organizers into their own sites.
A Fundamentally Different Approach to Sport Event Management
Compete-At Event Manager is a secure online platform tailored to meet the unique planning needs of competitive sports. Unlike "league based" or one-size-fits-all registration solutions, Event Manager is specifically designed and tailored to alleviate the headaches of sport event management while handling all sport specific disciplines at local, regional and international levels. "Organizing a fishing tournament often involves a complex fee structure, multiple tournament levels, with different requirements for captains, boat owners and anglers," explains Tom Berger, CMO at Compete-At. "It doesn't make sense for fishing tournament organizers to try and shoehorn their needs into an event management system also used for marathons, cycling and even medical or insurance conventions. The features and functionality we've embedded into Event Manager meet the specific needs of anglers and provide a simple, seamless registration process for everyone involved."
About Compete-At's Event Manager
Event Manager addresses the following areas of running a successful event online:
- Configurable fees and tournament divisions to meet the needs of individual fishing tournaments
- Online registration processing and configurable requirements for anglers and/or boats
- Pre-event planning and promotion: Event staff roles and responsibilities, access rights and privileges, scheduled notifications and tasks
- Administrative tools: Registration set-up, registrations requirements and approval, open and close registration dates, multiple fee structures, disciplines and class structures
- E-commerce store with customizable categories and reporting to sell event apparel, social or event tickets, etc.
- Promotion: Event website and calendar listings on Compete-At.com and partner web sites
- Communication Tools: E-Mail notification tools with manual or rules-based triggers
- Event cloning for rapid deployment and increased efficiency
- Entry Payment Options: Secure credit card processing, check, at event site, member account
- Multi-currency capabilities; USD, EUR, CAD, AUD, NZL, ZAR
- Financial budgeting and reporting
- Online Forums and photo galleries
Compete-At Passport for Anglers
Passport allows anglers to register, store and maintain a competitive profile online. Once registration is completed, anglers then use their stored profile to enter tournaments with just a few clicks. Registrants for tournaments can configure and invite anglers to the event and fulfill individual requirements as set by the tournament organizer. Passport account holders benefit from social networking features such as "My Clubs", "My Events", "My Invitations" and more.
REGISTERING YOUR CLUB OR TOURNAMENT
Compete-At provides a 100% hosted, no-hassle set up for clubs, marinas and tournament organizers. There are no up-front or hidden costs. Interested clubs are encouraged to and set-up a demo tournament. Convenience fees are waived for all junior and charity events. Please contact us via our website http://www.compete-at.com if you wish to run a charity or junior event.
Compete-At provides a fundamentally new approach for athletes, event organizers and National Governing Bodies to register, create and manage sporting events through a robust, yet easy to use online system. Compete-At provides tailored event and membership management solutions to meet the unique needs of individual sport disciplines. The Compete-At product suite is based on the robust and widely adopted Regatta Manager platform. http://www.Compete-At.com
# # #