Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) January 9, 2008
Perspectives Press, Inc. releases its latest adoption guide Adopting: Sound Choices, Strong Families, authored by Patricia Irwin Johnston, M.S. a renowned authority in infertility and adoption issues for over 30 years.
- Adopting: Sound Choices, Strong Families explores the adoption process within the context of deeply personal and emotional obstacles, and encourages readers to actively address, examine and puzzle out the process before adoptive parenthood begins.
- Adopting: Sound Choices, Strong Families is not a "how-to" guide for the adoption process. Rather, it serves as an experienced, compassionate guide through the hard questions that must be addressed and examined before any realistic decisions about adoption can be made. It also provides support and practical advice that readers will need after they make their own decisions about adoption.
- Replacing two earlier efforts, Adopting after Infertility and Launching a Baby's Adoption, Adopting: Sound Choices, Strong Families incorporates many of the tools and the familiar vignettes from these previous books, but also includes a variety of new tools, new questions and the frank and honest commentary that Johnston is well-known for as a leader in the adoption community.
Adopting: Sound Choices, Strong Families will empower readers to:
- Regain a sense of control over their lives
- Decide whether they are honestly open to the idea of adoption
- Understand the central issues of attachment and adoptive family life
- Feel confident in their decision to pursue - or not - adoption as a viable option
- Make informed decisions about the details of the adoption process
- Embrace their decision to adopt with practical support and information
- Navigate the first few months after placement with realistic expectations and information
Available for purchase at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, a variety of on-line adoption sites, other independent booksellers, and directly from Perspectives Press, Inc. : The Infertility and Adoption Publisher
- Publication Date: January 30, 2008
- Hardcover, ISBN 978-0-944934-34-0
- Price: $26.95 (US)