From increasing energy efficiency to reducing dependence on natural resources, living green is easier than you think and can actually save you money
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) January 15, 2008
Dominion Homes™, a leading central Ohio homebuilder, is using environmentally friendly green building techniques in building new homes. Dominion Home's environmentally responsible products and building specifications are designed to help home buyers make eco-friendly decisions.
"From increasing energy efficiency to reducing dependence on natural resources, living green is easier than you think and can actually save you money," said Douglas G. Borror, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Ohio-based new home builder.
According to Borror, Dominion Homes now offers a variety of green building alternatives in its new homes. The most popular include:
- Nu-Wool® Insulation, a naturally green product that uses up to 40% less energy than conventionally insulated homes. Made from 100% recycled fibers, Nu-Wool is environmentally friendly. Nu-Wool processes over 150 tons of recycled paper each business day - that's the equivalent of 2,550 trees per day! Nu-Wool homes are also quieter inside because the density deadens noise significantly.
- Green Guard House Wrap GreenGuard® RainDrop.™ Housewrap utilizes moisture management technology that acts as water barrier diverting bulk water straight down channels to the base of exterior wall. This house wrap has threads in it that create an air gap, allowing air to flow behind the siding so that humidity can escape.
- Engineered floor trusses and wood products like oriented strand board that do not require large, old trees for their manufacture. Both products are resource efficient and enhance durability.
- Shaw® Carpet, a fashionable and responsible carpet choice. Without losing durability or aesthetics, Shaw Industry's recycled carpet program eliminates 300 million pounds of landfill waster every year.
- Energy Star® appliances, which consume less energy than standard appliances.
- Roof coverings that are more durable reduce the frequency of roof replacement. Dominion's dimensional Elk® shingles come with a 30-year warranty.
- Water saving toilets and faucets that cut down on water consumption and save on usage costs.
- Aristokraft® cabinets. Aristokraft is aligned with the National Association of Home Builders' Green Home Building Guidelines that employ the use of environmentally responsible materials in cabinet products and minimize the environmental impact by recycling wastes and using low emission coatings.
"We are proud to offer our new home buyers environmentally conscious home building choices. Dominion Homes is dedicated to providing green construction initiatives and cost-effective and energy-saving features with all our new home builds," Borror added.
Dominion Home's green alternatives are now available with all new home contracts. For additional information on Dominion Home's green building programs and environmentally responsible home building initiatives visit http://www.DominionHomes.com.
About Dominion Homes:
Founded in 1952, Dominion Homes offers exceptional homes for every lifestyle, taste and budget. The Company uses high-quality materials and construction methods that exceed industry building practices. With headquarters in Dublin, Ohio, Dominion Homes has communities in Columbus Ohio; Greater Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky. Dominion has six different home collections - Tradition, Celebration, Independence, Founders, Metropolitan and Grand Reserve - offering many different floor plans, elevations, features and options. The Company believes that building homes goes beyond structure; it is about customer experience, or as Dominion Homes says it: Dominion. It's Your Home. For more information visit http://www.DominionHomes.com.