Manasquan, NJ (PRWEB) January 15, 2008
During "Building an Advanced Medical Home to Improve Chronic Care Outcomes," a January 29, 2008 webinar from the Healthcare Intelligence Network, an expert panel of healthcare professionals will examine medical home projects in action in both commercial and Medicaid sectors. They will give inside details on how to implement and support an advanced medical home model of care as well as engage physicians in the effort, evaluate the quality of care in medical homes, adopt and implement health IT to support medical homes and develop medical homes marketing strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?advmedhomepr.
The American Academy of Family Physicians stated in its 2004 report "The Future of Family Medicine: A Collaborative Project of the Family Medicine Community," that "steps must be taken to ensure every American has a personal medical home that serves as the focal point" to achieve the services that aggregate comprehensive care.
- The Healthcare Intelligence Network (HIN) is sponsoring a 90-minute webinar on January 29, 2008 devoted to building an advanced medical home to improve chronic care outcomes.
- Scheduled Speakers: Dawn Bazarko, senior vice president of clinical operations at United Healthcare, which has launched a pilot medical homes project for its commercial populations, and Dr. Lonnie E. Fuller, medical director for the Pennsylvania Medicaid ACCESS Plus PCCM-DM Program.
- Conference Highlights: Coordinating care effectively in medical homes; creating marketing and communication strategies for medical homes; evaluating quality and cost outcomes of medical homes; coordinating care across patient conditions, services and settings over time; encouraging patients to engage in self-management and providing them with the resources to do so; redesigning the physician office to move toward the advanced medical home; educating, training and engaging physicians in the medical home model; and adopting and implementing health IT to promote quality of care and exchange of health information among care providers and coordinators.
- Target Audience: CEOs, medical directors, disease management directors, managers and coordinators, health plan executives, care management nurses, business development and strategic planning directors.
- Webinar Formats: 90-minute live webinar on January 29, 2008 includes a 30-minute Q&A; "On-Demand" rebroadcast available January 31, 2008; 90-minute recording on CD-ROM with printed transcript available February 19, 2008. For conference details, please visit http://www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?advmedhomepr.
Quote attributable to Melanie Matthews, HIN executive VP and COO:
"Much of the healthcare industry is hoping that the establishment of medical homes will help reframe primary care in the United States. The success or failure of a medical home relies heavily on the patient-physician relationship. This central component is key in ensuring quality and cost outcomes as well as in maintaining healthy lifestyles and coordinating preventive and ongoing health services."