New York, New York (PRWEB) January 14, 2008
Institutional Investor Events (II Events) in cooperation with the Social Investment Forum is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Forum on Responsible Investing, taking place on January 24-25, 2008 at the Union League Club, New York.
Responsible investing now accounts for over $2.29 trillion AUM, and with climate change still high on the political and corporate agenda, the growth shows no signs of slowing. The trend towards the mainstreaming of responsible investing continues on its upward curve: nearly one out of every 10 dollars under management in the U.S. today is part of a responsibly invested portfolio (Social Investment Forum).
The 2nd Annual Forum on Responsible Investing, produced in association with Money Management Letter and Foundation & Endowment Money Management, will bring together members of the investment community to break down the important issues, challenges and questions surrounding responsible investing.
Hear From Keynote Speaker Rob D. Lake, ABP Investment; Nancy K. Kopp, State of Maryland; David G. Lemoine, State of Maine; Michael Musuraca, New York City Employees Retirement System (NYCERS); Jonathan L. Shear, University of Utah; Stephen Viederman, Christopher Reynolds Foundation; The Needmor Fund; Victor De Luca, Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation; Luther M. Ragin, F.B. Heron Foundation; Mindy S. Lubber, Ceres; Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR);Zoe Riddell, Carbon Disclosure Project; Jerome Tagger, Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), Adam Sterling, Sudan Divestment Task Force ... and more.
Program highlights include:
- Fiduciary Issues and Engagement Strategies for Plan Sponsors (including NYCERS, University of Utah and the States of Maine, Connecticut and Maryland)
- ESG Integration and Mission-Based Investing for Foundations (including Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation, The Needmor Fund, F.B. Heron Foundation and more!)
- Real-World Examples of the Engagement of Mainstream Financial Institutions
- Performance Measurement: How can ESG analysis be integrated more effectively into portfolio performance and attribution models?
- Update from the PRI, CDP and INCR: What do these initiatives mean to your business?
- CSR Case Studies: How has shareholder activism driven changes in corporate policies and practices?
- Investing in Clean Energies: Seeking Opportunities in a Carbon-Constrained World
The forum will also feature the release of The Social Investment Research Analyst Network's (SIRAN) report on The Environmental and Social Performance Reporting of Emerging Market Companies. Conducted by the independent investment research firm KLD Research & Analytics, Inc., the report examines the state of sustainability reporting at 75 emerging markets companies, focusing on seven countries: Brazil, China, Korea, India, Russia, South Africa and Taiwan. Details of the report's findings will be presented during the forum.
For more information on this event please visit http://www.iievents.com. If you would like to feature this event in your publication and attend this event as press, please contact Cristin Riffle-Lash, Tel 212-224-3969.
About II Events
Institutional Investor Events produces awards events and high quality conferences and seminars that leverage the content of Institutional Investor News' 17 financial newsletter titles. Like the Institutional Investor newsletters, the conferences deliver critical intelligence across the entire field of financial services, providing leading edge information on tomorrow's trends. http://www.iievents.com