Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) January 15, 2008
Dental Business Network held its 1st annual practice development seminar for Hampton Roads Dentists. Billed as an “easy button for Dentists” this is the first successful collaboration between non-competing niche professionals for Dentists in the United States. Seminar topics included personal financial planning, accounting and legal affairs for Dentists. Also discussed were dental office space planning, practice location, staffing and dental practice sales. The keynote speech discussed dental practice management by Linda Miles of Miles and Associates, 757-721-3332, http://www.DentalManagementU.com .
It takes a great deal of expertise to create and run a successful dental practice. Dentists, who are trained clinicians rather than business managers, often seek outside advice on a range of management and financial topics.
The advice to the dentist is readily available from many sources but since each individual advisor approaches issues from a generalist point of view, the advice is always in conflict and is rarely integrated to achieve success. The result is that the practitioner is left in the middle trying to decide what to do. Dentists today need a comprehensive “easy-button” approach to the non-clinical aspects of the modern practice.
DBN’s team of expert advisors work together or on an individual basis to form a single, customized game plan created specifically to achieve the goals and objectives of each dental professional. There is no confusion, no contradictions, and much less stress and anxiety for the network‘s clients who are helped towards their goals in the fastest, most direct possible way.
Dr. Bill Dodson of Dodson Endodontics in Suffolk Virginia stated, "not only was the seminar extremely well run but quality of the speakers was top notch…"
“I would recommend this seminar to other dentists because the knowledge was very useful to any dentist at any stage in their career,” says Dr. James W. Holley IV of Newport News Virginia.
Dr. Eric Hosek of Virginia Beach's biggest insight was that as a dentist ''he has everything he needs locally.''
Other speakers included:
1. Jake Jacklich CFP® of Waddell & Reed, advanced personal financial planning for Dentists, 757-374-6979, http://www.jjacklich.wradvisors.com
2. Bonita Lindenberg CPA, income tax planning for dentists, 757-490-7400
3. Leigh Anne Bowling JD of Williams Mullen, dental practice transitions, 757-473-5303
4. Leon Garber CBI of Gaither Garber & Associates, dental practice sales, 757-222-9198
5. Jim Murphey CEO The Murphey Group, dental associate recruiting, 757-430-0224
6. Kim Schoenadel, CEO KSA interiors, dental practice space planning and design, 757-548-1863 ext 101
7. Linda Cannon Director MSDS, dental practice safety and OSHA compliance, 757-718-1515
8. Casey O’Hearn Thalhimer, commercial real estate, 757-213-4160
9. Stephen Trutter Banc of America Practice Solutions, dental practice startup and expansion financing, 800-491-3629
10. Connie Weisberg, Heartland Payment Systems, dental payroll and patient payment processing, 757-472-4627
11. Rich Matika Pro-Den-Temps INC, dental office temporary staffing, 757-431-5481
About Dental Business Network:
DBN is an independent association of Hampton Roads Virginia professionals committed to service integration for dentists.
Jake Jacklich CFP® Director
Dental Business Network
PO Box 15538 Battlefield BLVD
Chesapeake, VA 23328