App Sync is point and click
San Mateo, Calif. (PRWEB) January 16, 2008
Etelos announces that the Etelos Application Server (EAS™), Version 6, is now available as an on-demand service platform for Web developers. Version 6 of Etelos' platform gives Web app developers an open, agnostic platform with support for the most popular Web languages, tools and databases. V6 includes support for MySQL, PostgreSQL and legacy LAMP-based applications as well as other frameworks. New key features that save development costs and reduce time to market are automated cross application synchronization, integrated database management interfaces and sub-version control, and web-based development environment.
The Etelos Application Server V6 Platform includes:
- Etelos App Sync™ - allows developers to easily synchronize multiple applications at the database level without coding, and to ensure application updates occur with better version control.
- Support for legacy LAMP Web apps - allows LAMP/ MySQL developers to bring their current applications to the Etelos platform with little or no re-coding.
- Improved distributed-tenant hosting architecture - provides better performance, increased scalability, and better security.
- Integrated licensing distribution - dynamically manage provisioning, billing, user licensing, user management and support with the Etelos Marketplace to free developers to build their applications.
- Universal web app packager - allows developers to push a button to package and deploy their application and updates using App Sync™ rules to revolutionize the management of code distribution.
- Real-time web-based development environment - creates a collaborative, real-time development environment with support for multiple languages and tools and all of the above features built-in.
"The Etelos Application Server V6 Platform is a game changer. It is now easy to distribute and support your application and grow your user base," said Danny Kolke, Etelos Founder & CTO. "Sign up and get a developer account in minutes, copy over your app, push a few buttons and you are virtually done. Add in the ability to use a browser based rules editor to set up your Etelos App Sync for database synchronization with other apps and the possibilities for cool app development are endless."
Conventional application and data integration relies on developers extensively navigating a maze of APIs and engineering their own solutions to just get the data where it is needed. Often, these implementations lead to issues with connectivity, data concurrency and compatibility.
"App Sync is point and click," Kolke said. "Instead of having to architect and code the framework from scratch, this is a configuration utility that the developer sets."
App Sync is one of many best practice services available within V6 that saves developers time, allowing them to bring new applications to market faster.
The Etelos architecture creates a unique framework for every account. Inside the account a business can install multiple applications and synchronize data between them. This framework also supports different technologies. For example, one application may be running MySQL and another may be running PostgreSQL, or one application may be running PHP and the other may be running JSP. App Sync creates a more robust platform that simplifies the integration process and helps bring business applications online more efficiently. To bolster this new functionality, EAS V6 also provides increased performance across the infrastructure resulting in a better user experience for businesses of any size.
The Etelos Marketplace delivers individual store listings, checkout processes, choices in licensing schemes (including an ad-supported model), account management, license enforcement and billing services. Instead of focusing on sales and marketing or infrastructure, this broad-based functionality allows application developers to increase the adoption of their applications by focusing on core functionality.
EAS V6 and the Etelos Marketplace are the premier monetization method for a Web developer looking to distribute a business application. To begin developing applications on the latest version of EAS or for more information, please visit http://www.etelos.com/v6 .