London, UK (PRWEB) January 18, 2008
PDF3D® technology enables publishing interactive 3D PDF documents, harnessing the free Adobe® PDF Reader. Scenes can now include novel 3D TrueType annotation labels and variable transparent textures. For VTK users, new integration classes are especially welcome, and a new interactive application converts VRML directly to 3D PDF files including injecting models into existing PDF documents. A new enterprise network server provides enhanced application management. This release from Visual Technology Services further empowers knowledge transfer and collaborative sharing of 3D technical analysis to teams across the enterprise through standard PDF documents.
PDF3D SDK version 1.4.2 includes the following new features:
- VRML files can now be easily converted to 3D PDF using a new application with fully interactive menu. Models may be injected into new or existing PDF documents, with titles and captions added to explain the 3D view or give users specific instructions.
- Dynamic 3D labels allow models to be annotated, where each label is attached to a 3D location, orients toward the viewer and may include any TrueType font in any language or special symbols.
- For users wishing to make presentations, a new component is included allowing 3D PDF interactive documents to be shown within a live PowerPoint presentation, along with a sample of such a presentation.
- The Visualization Toolkit (VTK) integration now includes a full C++ integration class to allow any VTK based application to export 3D scenes to the 3D PDF document format, including sample applications and source code examples.
- Visual quality of texture images is enhanced by the addition of alpha-blending, enabling complex variable transparency on 3D objects, taking full advantage of hardware graphics features for displaying textures.
- For full enterprise network deployment, a completely new floating license server model is introduced with release 1.4.2. This allows enterprise-wide license management, cross-firewall access and license “borrowing” when users travel and need to take a temporary license.
“Following our Technical Report release, this version has many features requested by ISVs and application developers using 3D PDF functionality to their applications,” noted Ian Curington, CEO of Visual Technology Services Ltd. “PDF3D models can now include 3D label annotations; users can rotate, zoom, pan, set transparency, explore and review analysis results on 3D models all within a PowerPoint presentation.”
PDF3D SDK 1.4.2 is used by scientists, engineers, researchers and software vendors to enable improved communication through the PDF standard, with immediate availability. The release comes with a complete suite of interfaces, ready-to-use applications, source code examples and full documentation. PDF3D-SDK is available for OEM/ISV integration within commercial products and server deployment. Pricing on request.
PDF3D is a specialized technical publishing technology from the dynamic and innovative Visual Technology Services with unique visualization skills specializing in the delivery of customer solutions with specialized analysis, leveraging skills and IP in interactive graphics, novel display techniques and data visualization with clients in mechanical engineering analysis, defense, aerospace, nanotechnology, microelectronics, material science, geology and geophysics. The ISO9001:2000 certified professional services team is available for enhanced solution development.
PDF3D Division, Visual Technology Services Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)7787 517529, E-mail: info at pdf3d.co.uk, Web: http://www.pdf3d.co.uk
# # #