Woburn, MA (PRWEB) January 23, 2008
Demandware (http://www.demandware.com), developer of the leading On-Demand eCommerce platform, today announced that it is launching the industry's most complete set of online merchandising tools and services to create powerful and intuitive eCommerce selling capabilities for significantly increasing qualified traffic, average order size and conversion rates. Demandware's Active Merchandising™ functionality will run on a single task-based user interface. The entire suite of functionality will be available for customers as part of the Demandware offering and will roll out throughout 2008.
Before having access to Active Merchandising™, online retailers were restricted to merchandising tools that were overly complex to use and manage or only offered basic functionality for maximizing sales. After thorough industry research and work with customers, prospects, and partners, Demandware has identified the need for a more comprehensive set of tools designed to focus on ecommerce merchandising tasks. Active Merchandising™ puts the tools in the hands of the people that know best how to sell products and alleviates the need for IT staff involvement.
"Retailers tell us that their biggest pain points are centered on merchandising," said Stephan Schambach, founder and chairman of Demandware. "With Demandware's Active Merchandising™, merchants finally have complete set of tools for controlling all merchandising functions that enable a significant uplift in sales across channels."
Fully integrated merchandising-driven ecommerce platform drives uplift in sales
The Active Merchandising™ set of software tools is comprised of five modules all centered on a common task-based UI for complete control and usability. These modules aid merchants from the preparation stage of merchandising including storefront design, content, catalog, pricing, search and promotions management, to the selling stage including product display, cross-sells and up-sells, search relevancy, testing and analytics.
1. Demandware Merchandise Manager features best-in-class catalog, pricing, promotions, searchandising and customer profile for dynamic merchandising.
2. Demandware Merchandise Agent is a fully integrated customer service suite designed to drive add-on phone sales by presenting merchandising options such as cross-sells and promotions to CSRs.
3. Demandware Merchandise Presenter offers integration with leading visual merchandising solutions to display products in the most compelling way through rich Internet applications.
4. Demandware Merchandise Analyst collects merchandising data to accurately target customers with relevant offers, products and search results.
5. Demandware Merchandise Community is integrated with leading ratings and reviews software providers to help Demandware deliver user-generated product content which is displayed on product pages and in search results for a boost in conversions.
"In addition to customer acquisition, increasing conversion rates and average order size are paramount for driving ecommerce revenue," said Troy Brown, senior director and general manager, eCommerce, Timberland. "Demandware's existing merchandising capabilities combined with their future vision gives us the opportunity to drive these sales metrics while creating a more meaningful shopping experience for our customers."
Common UI creates greater merchant control
Using one task-based user interface, Active Merchandising™ allows merchants to quickly and easily control all merchandising functionality, saving time on day-to-day activities and eliminating the need to log in to multiple systems. Other key differentiators of Active Merchandising™ include:
- Only searchandising offering that allows for the real-time modification of search results in one single merchandising UI that is tightly coupled with the product catalog
- Allows merchants to automate all processes or control all customer interactions
- Enables merchants to serve ratings and reviews in search results and in the call center
- Features a rules-driven promotions engine that contains more than 50 promotions types
Active Merchandising services
In concert with this initiative, Demandware is expanding its portfolio of Client Success service offerings to help customers get the most out of the Demandware platform. Demandware will launch an Active Merchandising Analytics and Optimization service to help retailers identify and exploit opportunities to improve conversion rates and sales using the new functionality.
About Demandware, Inc.:
Demandware drives the success of high-growth brands with its breakthrough On-Demand eCommerce Platform that empowers merchandising and marketing talent with total control over the shopping experience and continuous competitive differentiation. Leading brands such as Bare Escentuals, Playmobil, Playboy, Sally Beauty Supply and Timberland leverage Demandware's best-in-class eCommerce functionality and automatic upgrades to help achieve higher conversion rates, increase average order size, and improve customer retention. Demandware is the only on-demand eCommerce solution that enables the rapid rollout of new sites, provides ubiquitous access to business and technical users, and is backed by a patented grid computing architecture that delivers capacity as needed for performance and reliability that exceeds industry standards.
For more information about Demandware, visit http://www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216.