New York, NY (PRWEB) January 23, 2008
DeSilva Phillips, Media Investment Bankers, announces the sixth annual DeSilva Phillips Media M&A Dealmakers Summit, which takes place at the Pierre, New York City, on Thursday, February 7th, 2008.
In the lunchtime keynote interview, Chris Saridakis, Gannett's newly appointed SVP/Chief Digital Officer, will speak with Lorne Manly of The New York Times. Saridakis was the co-founder and CEO of the rich-media company PointRoll, which was acquired by Gannett in 2005.
As always at the DeSilva Phillips Media Dealmakers Summit, the most important dealmakers of the past year will be speaking (before an audience of equally distinguished media strategic and financial executives) about their accomplishments in 2007, and what they expect in 2008. The speakers represent companies who made over $13.1 billion in media transactions last year, and include the principals of seven of the fifteen biggest magazine industry deals of 2007.
The Summit's other speakers and panelists include the following:
- Samir Arora, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Glam Media
- John Bates, Principal, Arlington Capital (which acquired Daily Racing Form)
- Shawn Colo, Co-Founder, DemandMedia
- James P. Dolan, Chairman, President & CEO, Dolan Media (who executed the fourth most successful IPO on the NYSE in 2007)
- Peter Ezersky, Managing Principal, Quadrangle Group (which acquired Dennis Publishing)
- Michael T. Galgon (Co-Founder, aQuantive), Chief Advertising Strategist, Microsoft
- Philippe Guelton, EVP & COO, Hachette Filipacchi Media (which made several acquisitions including Jumpstart Automotive Media)
- Joshua L. Gutfreund, General Partner, Clarity Partners (which acquired Modern Luxury)
- Peggy Koenig, Managing Partner, ABRY Partners (which acquired Thomson Medical Education)
- Joseph Loggia, CEO, Advanstar Communications (which was sold to Veronis Suhler Stevenson/Citigroup Private Equity/New York Life Capital Partners)
- Wenda Harris Millard, President, Media, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
- David Rosenblatt, CEO, DoubleClick, Inc.
- Ryan Shea, VP/Corporate Publisher, Entrepreneur Media
- Dr. Jim Taylor, Vice Chairman, Harrison Group
- Steven Waldman, Editor-in-Chief, President and Co-Founder, Beliefnet (which was acquired by Fox Entertainment)
- Kathy Yates, CEO, AllBusiness.com
- Strauss Zelnick, Partner, ZelnickMedia (and Chairman of Take-Two Interactive, which Zelnick Media acquired)
Moderators include the following:
- Rafat Ali, Editor and Publisher, PaidContent.org
- Charles Engros, Managing Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- Roger Holstein (former CEO, WebMD), Managing Director, Vestar Capital
- Lorne Manly, The New York Times
- Richard Morgan, Assistant Managing Editor, The Deal
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, Chief M&A Reporter, The New York Times
The Summit's sessions will be dedicated to M&A trends in B2B media, consumer media, advertising, the most intriguing and promising online business models, and the latest turns in the saga of traditional media's transition to the Internet. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and the Summit ends with a cocktail reception at 5:00 p.m. An agenda is available at the DeSilva Phillips web site, http://www.mediabankers.com .
Attendance to this not-for-profit event is by invitation only. The Summit, as always, is a not-for-profit event, with no sponsors. Any surplus over direct expenses will go to the memorial fund for Robert Krakoff, the late chairman of Advanstar. Attendance is $1,095 and space is strictly limited. Those who are interested in attending this event should contact Sam Schulman, Managing Director at DeSilva Phillips.
About DeSilva Phillips, Media Investment Bankers
DeSilva Phillips is a New York-based investment bank specializing in the media, digital media and healthcare communications industries. The firm provides M&A services and private placements of debt and equity to the medical and healthcare media, magazine, Internet, newspaper, book publishing, trade shows & events, information, educational, and marketing-services industries. DeSilva Phillips has completed more than 185 transactions since 1996. DeSilva Phillips Corporate Finance LLC is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information visit http://www.Mediabankers.com.