Melbourne, Australia (PRWEB) January 23, 2008
realestate.com.au, Australia's most popular real estate website - breathes new life into the saying location, location, location with the launch of new Locality Guides to help home buyers, owners, renters get a 'feel' for an area before they move in. There are 100 Locality Guides covering 2962 suburbs and 328 postcodes across the country.
The new Locality Guides presents realestate.com.au visitors with a multi-media experience incorporating a video montage of lifestyle elements and mix of impressions from locals on why they live in a particular area in a hope to help consumers gain a deeper understanding of the area they are considering living or investing in.
realestate.com.au's general manager Shaun Di Gregorio believes this offering represents a major shift in the consumer face of real estate in this country. "By peeking into neighbourhoods in a particular location we get a glimpse at the types of people, homes and amenities' that weave the community fabric," he says.
"After considerable time in the making, we are thrilled to share with realestate.com.au visitors 'the whole story' when searching for real estate.
"The vital information shared through the Locality Guides will enrich the experience when searching for a home on realestate.com.au, by providing an insight into the lifestyle that prevails in the community around the home," he adds.
The new Locality Guides include:
- 2-3 minute video specifically shot and scripted for realestate.com.au. The videos provide a tour of each community, taking the viewer into the heart and soul of the place. The lifestyle, key attractions and geography as well as an idea of the types of housing in that locality are shown. realestate.com.au visitors also get to 'meet' some of the locals and hear a first hand account of what life is like in the area.
- Photos showing a diverse range of images of the area.
- A list of the investment pros and cons of the location by an independent market analyst.
- Demographic data showing the population growth figures and what age groups make up the residents in the area.
- Detailed written descriptions of the area and surrounding suburbs, including first impressions, types of architecture, quality of roads, parks and gardens, cycling paths, walking tracks and accessibility.
- Information on an area's infrastructure including transport, schools and universities, hospitals, police stations, councils, shopping, dining and entertainment.
Things to do in the area for all age groups - children and teenagers, adults and retirees.
"A picture tells 1000 words, but a video tells a story - in that they [videos] give viewers the feeling they have lived vicariously in the area through the lives of the locals they have just met. You get an inkling into how your life might change if you moved in to this area," Mr Di Gregorio says.
"It's all about keeping buyers and renters more informed about one of the most important financial decisions they will ever make. The property you buy or rent is typically not isolated - when you choose a property, you choose a community as well as a home. Any extra information you can have about that community before buying/renting is going to be advantageous."
The Locality Guides can be found on realestate.com.au's homepage in the Locality Directory, searchable by state. A Locality Guide is also positioned below the map on a Property Details page if the property is located in an area for which a Locality Guide exists.
To check out your area visit http://www.realestate.com.au.
realestate.com.au has helped more people find a home in Australia than any other website every month since October 2000.* It is one of 16 sites owned and operated by the REA Group (realestate.com.au Ltd, ASX:REA, and its subsidiary companies).
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Giselle Pethard, +61 (3) 9843 4242 or (0) 414 299 658 .
# # #