Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) January 22, 2008
Ajax expert, Nitobi Inc., releases the latest version of Complete UI, a suite of sophisticated Ajax user-interface components for enterprise web applications. Today's release includes feature enhancements for Nitobi's Grid and Spotlight components, improved theming and upgrades to the Dreamweaver extensions Nitobi released last fall.
Complete UI is designed to help developers build great user experiences on the web. It solves web app usability challenges with easy user interactions powered by Ajax. In addition to delivering web apps with exceptional UI design, Nitobi's off-the-shelf components save developers hundreds of hours of development time. Complete UI is made up of nine Ajax components and supports a variety of development environments, including extensions for Dreamweaver.
"More and more developers are focused on building rich Internet applications with better usability and slicker design," said Andre Charland, Nitobi co-founder. "We created Complete UI to provide an easy, affordable way for web developers of any skill level to dramatically improve web design and user experience. By adding Dreamweaver extensions last year we made it even easier for novice web developers to include intuitive UI in their apps."
Today's release includes notable upgrades to Grid, Nitobi's flagship component. The new 'fill-across' feature lets users select a cell and copy across multiple cells by clicking and dragging, just like in Microsoft Excel. Other improvements include an 80% reduction in start-up time, a 20% reduction in general rendering time, a significant reduction in overall memory footprint, improved object caching and more keyboard actions supported for Grid editing.
The Spotlight component, a tool for creating professional guided tours for websites and applications, is more flexible with an easy way for users to immediately cancel web tours. Overall upgrades to component theming and Dreamweaver extensions make the suite even easier to use.
New features include:
For Nitobi Grid:
- Fill-across cells: Users can select a cell and copy across multiple cells by clicking and dragging, just like in Excel
- Performance Improvements: 80% improvement in start-up time, 20% improvement in general rendering time, 70K reduction in file-size, improved object caching (cells, rows, columns)
- Better Keyboard support: More keyboard actions supported for editing
For Nitobi Spotlight
- Easily cancel tours now by clicking "X"
For Nitobi ComboBox
- Improved CSS theming
For Nitobi Tree
- Improved CSS theming
For Nitobi TabStrip
- Improved CSS theming
- Improved theming across all components
- Dreamweaver component improvements: Wizard field validation improved, embedding-on-templates issue resolved
The Complete UI suite includes:
- Grid -- A cross-browser spreadsheet with Excel 'copy/paste', LiveScrolling, and more.
- ComboBox -- A drop-down menu with autocomplete functionality, similar to Google Suggest.
- Calendar - A high-performance calendar picker that can be used with Nitobi Grid or in standalone web applications.
- Callout -- A rich, skinnable tool-tip that prompts users with real-time feedback and helpful instructions as they navigate through an application.
- Fisheye -- A tool bar menu featuring fisheye magnification, similar to Apple OS X tool bar.
- Spotlight -- A tool for creating stylish guided tours of websites and applications.
- Tabstrip -- Folder tabs for navigating to different sections of a web application via Ajax or iFrame requests.
- Tree -- A hierarchical data view, similar to the folder view in Windows Explorer.
- Ajax Toolkit -- A library of fully-documented tools used in Nitobi components that can be re-used in your own applications, or to build your own components.
The Complete UI suite is platform-agnostic and works with a variety of development frameworks, including Java, PHP, ASP.Net, Classic ASP, Coldfusion and Dreamweaver. Pricing for Complete UI starts at US $429. For more information on Complete UI, visit http://www.nitobi.com. Download a 30-day free trial at http://www.nitobi.com/download/.
About Nitobi Inc.
Nitobi Inc. (http://www.nitobi.com) has been creating web-based software components and enterprise solutions for customers around the globe since 1997. Nitobi's customers include Bank of America, Time Warner, KBR and NASA. Nitobi is an active member of the OpenAJAX Alliance and authored a book on Ajax entitled, Enterprise Ajax published in 2007 by Prentice Hall PTR.