FotoFlexer (is) a user-friendly photo editor that offers one-click tweaks, along with advanced tools on par with desktop photo editing software. All in all, FotoFlexer is a really well put together app that could make a solid piece of standalone software. The fact that it's free and runs in your browser makes it even better.
Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) January 23, 2008
FotoFlexer , the world's most advanced Web-based image editing solution, announced today that it closed out 2007 averaging 1.75 million page views per day, with more than 500,000 unique visitors per months - all within just five months of the company's launch.
As the company begins 2008, FotoFlexer wants to say "Thanks!" to its users, which are making the site the fastest growing Web-based image editing solution in the world. In just five months, FotoFlexer has seen 500,000 unique visitors per month drive the daily page views to over 1.75 million per day. And thanks to the creativity and its users, more than 20 million photos have been edited via FotoFlexer worldwide.
The dedication of its users is not the only thing FotoFlexer had to celebrate in 2007. FotoFlexer's patent-pending technology, based on advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and computer learning, was selected by Google as the exclusive image editing launch partner for OpenSocial. FotoFlexer also became the first online image editor to provide a completely free, open API - giving all Web sites the ability to harness the power of the world's best online image editing solution. The company also achieved third party integration with Facebook, MySpace, Digg, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa, hi5, Ning, and many others.
And as FotoFlexer continues to expand its reach via Google's OpenSocial and its many other integrations, it also maintains its dedication to providing the most advanced technology and features available in any Web-based image editing solution, with six patents currently pending. These patents cover a variety of technologies ranging from seam-carving to advanced machine learning techniques with important advertising and search implications. More importantly, while it allows users to accomplish more with their images (whether they be photos, Web images, or Webcam video), FotoFlexer provides all of its advanced features for free to all users, unlike other online image editors.
FotoFlexer's technology, integration, and constantly expanding reach have all led to some extremely encouraging words from the press:
Michael Arrington of TechCrunch says:
- "FotoFlexer raises the bar on online photo editing."
- "FotoFlexer continues to be my favorite online editing tool."
Josh Lowensohn of CNET's Webware says:
- "FotoFlexer (is) a user-friendly photo editor that offers one-click tweaks, along with advanced tools on par with desktop photo editing software. All in all, FotoFlexer is a really well put together app that could make a solid piece of standalone software. The fact that it's free and runs in your browser makes it even better."
Adam Pash of Lifehacker says:
- "FotoFlexer looks like the editor that devoured the features of all the rest and then went back for seconds."
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Though FotoFlexer didn't launch until the second half of 2007, it was still a banner year for the company. Here's a brief overview of FotoFlexer's accomplishments in 2007:
- 1.6 million registered users in the first five months of operation
- 1.75 million daily page views
- 500,000 unique visitors to the site per month
- 20 million images edited via FotoFlexer
- Six patent-pending technologies, including Smart Resize (the only commercial offering available to implement seam carving algorithms)
- Selected by Google as an initial launch partner for the OpenSocial Project.
- The only online image editing solution that allows users to edit all of their images - whether they be digital photos, Web images, or Webcam video
- The first and only image editor to offer a completely free, Open API already adopted by numerous website partners.
- Widespread reach via integration with Facebook, MySpace, Digg, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa, hi5, Orkut, Ning, PhanFare, SmugMug and many more.
FotoFlexer (http://fotoflexer.com) is the world's most advanced Web-based image editing solution, providing the power and functionality of expensive desktop photo editing software for free to all users. FotoFlexer integrates with social networks, online photo sharing sites and other image-based social applications to enable users to quickly and easily access all of their images for editing, regardless of where their images reside. FotoFlexer was recently selected as one of the launch partners for Google's OpenSocial initiative The company is backed by Jon Burgstone, the founder of a $1.1B internet company, hedge fund manager and Founding Faculty Chair of the Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology at the University of California, Berkeley.
# # #