North Palm Beach, FL (PRWEB) January 24, 2008
Dr. Mitch Wallack will be the featured guest on the special edition of Recovery Radio Live (http://www.recoveryradiolive.com) on February 3rd, to celebrate good clean fun on Super Bowl Sunday and to discuss various topics in addiction treatment and gambling addiction.
Some interesting facts that will be presented on the show include:
1) Super Bowl Sunday is a major contributor to Gambling Addiction and Gambling Addiction Relapse
2) Gambling Addiction itself can make up as much as 25% percent of the addiction treatment industry's business.
3) Dual-Diagnosis in Gambling. Gambling can many time be linked to an emotional or mental disorder like bi-polar disorder or depression.
4) More suicides are caused by Gambling Addiction than any other form of addiction.
5) Gambling can be more addictive than illicit drugs and is more readily available because it is legal.
6) Specific Gambling Addiction programs are offered at many clinics but CARE Florida specializes in treating the underlying roots of gambling addiction.
Dr. Wallick is currently a Director at CARE FLORIDA (http://www.careflorida.com), a facility that specializes in drug addiction treatment, drug rehab, gambling addiction treatment and eating disorder treatment. Dr. Wallick, holds Ph.D's in both Counseling and Addictions, is a fellow of the American College of Addictions Examiners, a Diplomat of the National Association of Forensic Examiners and an Oral Examiner for the Florida Certification Board. Dr. Wallick is a former faculty member of University of Miami School of Addictions Counseling, Assistant Professor of family and community Medicine at Hershey Medical School and is presently President of the Professional Training Association. Dr. Wallick is the author of numerous papers in the field of addictions and presents frequently at major conferences.
Although young to the scene as drug rehab programs go, CARE Florida has been lauded for its innovative techniques based on holistic healing and healthy living as a means to breaking the cycle of addiction. Under Dr. Wallick's direction the center has become one of the most well respected Florida Drug Rehab Centers and continues to work towards relapse prevention in all of its specialties.
Stay tuned for a wrap up on Monday, Feb. 4th. For more information on addiction treatment and the dangers and treatments of gambling addition visit http://www.careflorida.com.