The Costs of Worker Misclassification: How New York is Leading the Charge for National Reform
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) January 24, 2008
Worker misclassification continues to gain national attention but many employers are still unclear on how it can affect their business. "The Costs of Worker Misclassification: How New York is Leading the Charge for National Reform" is a free Webinar hosted by Secure Talent in partnership with Advantage, a leader in talent management solutions. Featuring keynote speaker Fred B. Kotler, J.D., of Cornell University, the Webinar takes place on Feb. 13, 2008, at 1 p.m. EST.
As a faculty member of Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations and director of the New York State AFL-CIO/Cornell Union Leadership Institute, Kotler co-authored "The Costs of Worker Misclassification in New York State," a 2007 report that served as a basis for New York Governor Eliot Spitzer’s Executive Order for the Joint Enforcement Task Force on Employee Misclassification.
Attendees of this Webinar can expect to:
1. Explore the costs and implications of worker misclassification in New York and the associated financial exposure to employers.
2. Discover how New York is leading the charge for national reform on the issue of worker misclassification through recent legislative actions.
3. Learn about high-profile worker misclassification cases currently in litigation and the potential implications to their business.
4. Investigate current trends including the continued rise in the number of independent contractors and find out why the movement is gaining speed.
5. Understand how worker misclassification can impact their business through a question-and-answer session with Fred B. Kotler and Jeff Phelps, founder and president of Secure Talent..
Space is limited for this free event. For more information or to register, please visit http://www.securetalent.com/newsevents-costs-of-worker-misclassification.html
Headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., Secure Talent, Inc. offers nationwide 1099 compliance and complete payroll services. Its parent company, Eplica, Inc., is a provider of “back office” services for staffing companies across the United States. For more information about Secure Talent, please visit http://www.securetalent.com. For more information about Eplica, please visit http://www.eplicaservices.com.
Advantage is a leading provider of professional and support-level talent and innovative workforce management solutions. For further information about Advantage’s services, please contact Laura McGarrity, director of marketing & communications, at (203) 394-5229.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #