(PRWEB) January 28, 2008
NuonSoft has released Wallpaper Cycler 220.127.116.11 for Windows XP/Vista, an easy to use, yet powerful desktop wallpaper manager and changer to get rid of that boring static wallpaper on your desktop. You can change the wallpaper with a specific delay or at specific times. Wallpapers are easily managed in multi-level categories which can have time constraints to give your desktop a time or season dependent look. For example: a category can be defined for wallpapers that will only be used in the summer. Categories can be linked to folders on your hard disk to automatically detect new wallpapers. A lot of attention has been given to the performance of Wallpaper Cycler. As a result, Wallpaper Cycler allows you to manage tens of thousands of wallpapers without slowing down. Tags can be used to link wallpapers to specific layouts, to create Search Folders etc. Tags can also be used in combination with the Smart Orientation feature to select for example portrait wallpapers when your monitor is in portrait mode and landscape wallpapers when it is in landscape mode.
An advanced random selection algorithm is included to ensure that all wallpapers are randomly chosen before a wallpaper appears again. Wallpaper Cycler also includes a Windows Vista Gadget to control Wallpaper Cycler from the Windows Sidebar.
Wallpaper Cycler goes much further than most other wallpaper cyclers. The powerful layout feature allows you to create your own custom layouts to be used on your desktop. Layouts enable you to show an unlimited combination of the following objects on your desktop which can be freely placed anywhere on your desktop: calendars, quotes, notes, webcams, other wallpapers, calendar notes objects and news (RSS) headlines. You can even add an object multiple times on the desktop each with their own settings. Any combination of effects (blur, brightness, color-tone, mask, texturize ...) can be applied to each individual object. The effects system can be extended with 3rd party effects DLLs with the aid of the effects SDK.
Wallpaper Cycler also includes a screen saver module which shows a slide show of all your wallpapers with transition effects, can monitor your CPU load when it wants to cycle, has several types of tiling modes to stretch/scale your wallpapers as you prefer, can automatically calculate a suitable desktop background color based on the position of the desktop icons, can make the icons transparent on your desktop or hide them completely, supports system wide hotkeys, has shell integration and much much more.
Wallpaper Cycler has three types of wallpapers: image, gradient and URL. URL wallpapers allow you to add webcams to your desktop. Wallpaper Cycler supports a lot of image formats, such as JPG, JPE, BMP, DIB, RLE, TIF, PNG, TGA, ICB, VDA, VST, JP2 (JPEG2000), JPC, PCX, DCX, PNM, PGM, PBM, PPM, RAS, ICO, ANI, EMF, WMF and GIF.
Wallpaper Cycler 18.104.22.168 has a lot of new features and bug-fixes. New features include:
- Tag support: assign tags to wallpapers, layouts and/or categories.
- Search Folders: get a different view on your wallpapers.
- Smart Orientation to select proper wallpapers for portrait/landscape monitors.
- Faster thumbnail generation.
- Installation possible without being administrator.
- Wizard to guide you with certain actions.
- Windows Vista Gadget to control Wallpaper Cycler.
- "Quick Disable" hotkeys to quickly disable categories/tags.
- Slideshow Mode.
Some of the older features that are available since Wallpaper Cycler 22.214.171.124:
- support for rendering RSS news items on your desktop
- add calendar notes bars to your desktop
- much improved quality with image scaling especially for shrinking images
- screen saver module with 40+ transition effects
- support for EXIF data of images
- option to prevent cycling during screen saving or locked desktop
- much better looking OSD (On Screen Display)
- synchronize the time with an internet time server
- support for GIF files
- default settings for newly added wallpapers
- automatically detect and add new wallpapers to your categories
- new options for transparency effect: several merge modes: normal, subtract, add, multiply, divide, difference, screen
- includes presets and a wizard to quickly start creating your own layouts
- added a thumbnail preview to the "Add Wallpaper Image" dialog
Please visit http://www.nuonsoft.com/wallpapercycler/ for more information.
# # #