Pearl River, NY (PRWEB) January 30, 2008
Microsoft Partner, Easy CGI (http://www.easycgi.com), has become one of the first web hosting companies to offer Windows Server 2008 hosting for all shared hosting plans.
Windows Server 2008 hosting features IIS 7 (Internet Information Services 7) which builds upon the previous IIS 6 release to provide enhanced security and performance for web hosters. With the new server platform, Easy CGI's hosting customers now have the flexibility to set up their hosting plans on Windows 2008, or continue with Windows 2003.
Microsoft says IIS 7 is the most ambitious Microsoft Web server it has yet offered, having such features as FastCGI, which runs powerful PHP applications at high performance levels, and feature delegation, which lets users modify many website settings quickly through the web.config file. By offering more and better controls to developers, Windows Server 2008 enables them to develop applications locally, and then transfer them to the live server, without having to make updates to the server site.
Easy CGI has opted to provide Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7 for several reasons:
- Security - IIS 7 builds on the security features of IIS6 to offer the most secure web services ever offered by Microsoft.
- High-performance, reliable PHP hosting on the IIS web server using FastCGI.
- Cost-effective modular architecture - IIS 7.0 is already established in more than 40 feature modules that can be independently, quickly, and inexpensively installed.
- Improved functionality with IIS 7 Extensibility - The IIS7 core web server features use a new set of public Web server APIs that all developers can use to extend, replace or add functionality to their web servers.
- Unified Configuration - Distributed configuration files can now be stored along with Web site or application content.
- LINQ - The LINQ (Language Integrated Query) Project is a set of extensions to the .NET Framework that include language-integrated query, set, and transform operations.
"Easy CGI is proud to be one of the first providers of Windows 2008 hosting" said Ted Beckwith, vice president of Easy CGI. "As a Microsoft Partner, EasyCGI has the ability to learn, implement, and deploy new Microsoft technologies before other providers. We then use this expertise to offer optimal web hosting products and support to our customers."
"Windows 2008 and IIS 7 have many new features that will reduce total cost of ownership and improve manageability; these benefits will be passed on directly to our customers" said Dan Richfield, President of Easy CGI. "For example, technologies such as FastCGI pre-compile an image of the PHP script being used. This gives our customers the ability to develop robust PHP applications that will perform at the highest level and not cause to much overhead on Easy CGI's servers. It's a win - win situation for both."
For more information about Easy CGI's Windows 2008 offering, please visit http://easycgi.com/services/iis+7+windows+hosting.html
For more information about .Net Framework 3.5 and what it has to offer, please visit http://www.iis.net .
For more information about this release, contact:
2 Blue Hill Plaza, 1st Floor
PO box 1614
Pearl River, NY 10965
About Easy CGI
Easy CGI has been a leading Windows Web host [since 2001], providing quality hosting and customer service. Their VPS plans offer flexibility, SQL Server hosting, easy-to-use control panels, and step-by-step instructions with an extensive knowledge base. To learn more about Easy CGI's Virtual Dedicated hosting products, please visit