The main difference is this crank adjusted pitch
Hialeah, FL (PRWEB) January 31, 2008
BudgetAwnings.com is bringing out a new model of retractable awning to replace their popular SunSurrender retractable awning. This new model offers two features that are difficult to find with other budget lines - unparalleled strength and a crank adjustable pitch (which changes the slope of the awning) - without any extra cost.
BudgetAwnings.com is replacing its long-running SunSurrender model with a new budget awning style, called SunSurrender II. This new model has two important features:
- Crank adjustable pitch, which allows the angle of the awning to be changed at the time of install or at any time in the future
- Much stronger frame and arm joints, for better durability
The adjustable pitch crank feature is a luxury accessory that isn't available on many high-end models. "The main difference is this crank adjusted pitch," said Eric Scop, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for BudgetAwnings.com. Adjusting the pitch, or angle, of the awning expands its usefulness. The angle of a permanent awning's slope is fixed. Giving a steeper pitch for better rain run-off means a retractable awning can more safely be used in light rain, while changing for the angle of the retractable awning in relation to the sun, giving better shade.
The crank adjustable pitch usually costs almost $250 over the regular cost of the awning. The new SunSurrender II model from BudgetAwnings.com, however, has the adjustable pitch as part of the awning design - at no extra cost. "Not many models in the industry offer this, even as a feature," Scop said. "Here, we're going to make it a standard with no upcharge"
Another benefit of the new retractable awning model is a much higher quality and strength of the frame itself. With budget lines, durability is always an issue, but this new model has even higher-grade materials and improved construction than any other budget line available. The SunSurrender II has dual steel cables, with a double-thick PVC-coating to protect from corrosion, and an extremely durable, yet lightweight, aluminum frame. Most potential damage for a retractable awning is in the arm or arm shoulder. The weight from the awning itself and exposure to rain or wind put pressure on the retractable awning arm and shoulder. "This is a much more heavy duty model," Scop said. "The arm shoulder is stronger, and the arm is stronger."
The new SunSurrender II has many of the same features of the previous Sun Surrender model:
- Industry-leading 6 year frame warranty
- Electrostatically powder-coated, lightweight aluminum frames
- Dual steel, double PVC-coated cables
- Solution-dyed acrylic fabrics, with over 150 fabric choices in both stripes and solids
- Accessories including motors, wind sensors, switches, and remote controls
- Simple installation, online measuring, installation instructions, and phone support
- Fabric samples on request, mailed directly to the customer
- Tenara sewing thread with a lifetime warranty against seam separation
BudgetAwnings.com has been shipping retractable sun and rain protection awning systems to residential, commercial and institutional customers worldwide since 1998. Retractable awnings are available with wind, rain, motion and sun sensors.
For more information: Call 1-877-BUY AWNINGS (1-877-289-2964) or visit http://www.budgetawnings.com