Liverpool, UK (PRWEB) February 1, 2008
Genemation Ltd, a leading facial recognition and image processing technology company today announced that it has launched FaceTec™, a patented facial customisation platform that enables the large scale automated personalisation of digital advertising, communications and content. FaceTec™ enables brands, marketing agencies, advertisers, social media networks, content and image rights owners to interact with users in a highly personalised way in the Web 2.0, mobile, video games and online games sectors.
FaceTec™ empowers users to easily personalise or customise digital facial images which can be automatically embedded in digital advertising, brand related communications and content (or replace existing faces in an image) and be virally distributed throughout the digital world. Genemation believes there are a number of market sectors in which FaceTec™ can add significant value:
1. Brands, marketing agencies, advertisers and social networking companies -
- Many brands are witnessing their audiences migrating to Web 2.0 and mobile.
- Web 2.0 enables brands and advertisers to reach and interact with their audiences in a highly targeted way
- Click-thru rates are an important measure of success in assessing ad recognition and engagement
- Users can be extremely negative about websites and brands that flood them with intrusive and irrelevant ads and have become adept at blocking or ignoring ads.
- Mobile phones are expected to become the next Web 2.0 phenomenon - camera phones are becoming ubiquitous image capture devices with a 1.5 billion installed base forecast by 2010.
- People take lots of photos of themselves and their friends. Web 2.0 e.g. Flickr™ and facebook® have enabled easy sharing of photos,.
- Users want control of content generation, personalisation and engagement.
- Trust and WoM are powerful elements in online communities, e.g. eBay™.
- Brands, marketing agencies and social networking companies need to create more innovative, personalised and targeted Web 2.0 advertising and communications to encourage user engagement, interaction, UGC, recommendation and WoM (word of mouth).
- Advertisers, marketing agencies and social networking companies cannot afford to flood their sites with intrusive, impersonal and irrelevant advertising; this will almost certainly lead to increased levels of user churn and falling click-thru rates.
FaceTec's™ personalisation platform is based on patented technology which enables users to embed facial images in digital advertising or content. Users who do so are by definition interested in engaging with the given advertising or communication. And in a socially networked world they will want to share their personalised branded content with friends via their social networks, and so become a powerful viral mechanism driving endorsement and recommendation of the brands' advertising message or communication.
The combination of Web 2.0, Social Networking, mass market image capture devices, e.g. mobile phones, and FaceTec™ presents creative, forward thinking agencies and brands with new opportunities to innovate how they engage with their Web 2.0 and mobile audience, by taking advantage of the power of social networks, WoM and recommendation. FaceTec™ delivers association, endorsement, attachment, and interaction, enabling brands to generate trust, loyalty, affinity and reputation which will deliver increased page impressions, click thru rates, brand awareness, penetration, and market share.
2. Content owners can use FaceTec™ to generate brand awareness and revenue:
- Sport: fans would pay money to have their image embedded in or associated with their club imagery or it's star players, e.g. team photograph, screenshot from matches (e.g. their face replaces the goal scorers), their head atop an image of the team shirt, wallpaper, banners etc.
- Cosmetics: virtual make-up added to user's faces.
- Fashion: users faces replace that of models wearing new fashion lines.
- Film screenshots: be in the movies - users can have their image placed in scened from old movies (revenue opportuntity) or in new releases (awareness generator).
- TV screenshots: to promote new shows, e.g. Doctor Who and X-Factor, plus older shows e.g. Only Fools and Horses and Little Britain (revenue generation is an option).Image rights owners (e.g. celebrity magazines, model agencies, or picture gallery): users would pay to be 'placed' next to their favourite celebrity, sports star or TV personality.
- Greetings cards: senders or recievers images can be embedded in a personalised greeting and distributed online or automatically printed and posted via traditional mail
3. Mobile/cell phone network operators:
They need to increase their ARPU (average revenue per user). FaceTec™ can be used to power applications that encourage users to upload/download personalised advertising or content, or use their phone to upload images to customised websites driven by the FaceTec™ platform.
FaceTec™ has been developed to run on the Facebook Platform, therefore branded applications can be developed for network operators that can run on their own platform, website or on the Facebook Platform.
FaceTec™ server platform summary:
- Images can be uploaded from any digital device or source, e.g. mobile phone, webcam, digital camera, EyeToy™, or website (facebook®, FlickR™, MySpace™ etc).
- FaceTec™ automatically finds and modifies a faces in an uploaded image in less than two seconds.
- FaceTec™ can be easily scaled across multiple servers to handle very large data volumes (1.5 million images/server per month).
- FaceTec™ has been developed as an HTTP server app enabling easy integration with other web server applications, including mobile networks.
- FaceTec™ applications have been developed to run of the Facebook Platform and Flickr™.
- Micro payments, e.g. SMS charging, can be built into customised versions of FaceTec™.
- FaceTec™ can automatically distribute output images to multiple locations, e.g. mobile phone, website and email.
More information about FaceTec™ can be found at http://www.facetec.com
or for more information please contact John Bickley on +44(0)151 705 3530
Genemation Ltd was formed in late 2002 and has commercialised patented computer vision and image processing technology from The University of Manchester's Imaging Science and Biomedical Engineering division (ISBE). The Company has developed applications, solutions and software tools for the video games, mobile phone, web authoring, social networking, post production and other digital content sectors. Genemation Ltd is a privately owned Company; for further information please visit Genemation's website http://www.genemation.com
FaceTec™ is a trademark of Genemation Ltd. All other brand names, product names, service marks or trademarks belong to their respective holders.