Ottawa, Canada (PRWEB) February 4, 2008
The Utility Company, a single-source provider of technology, communications and business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB), today announced the latest enhancements to its market-defining Beyond Managed Services franchise program available across 2000 exclusive markets in North America.
The Beyond Managed Services 3.0 (BMS 3.0) franchise opportunity provides technology service organizations and professionals with a complete business system, including front and back-office support, to become a single-source provider for ALL things technology for small and medium-sized businesses in a monthly fixed fee service model.
BMS 3.0 is comprised of three program levels:
- BMS Select -- for managed service providers (MSP) that are on the transformation treadmill and are looking to become a single-source provider and someday monetize their business.
- BMS Affiliate -- for value-added resellers (VAR) in IT and vertical channels that want an alternative to Do-it-Yourself managed service programs.
- BMS Entrepreneur -- for technology sales and service professionals looking for a complete business-in-a-box to enter and prosper in managed services (and beyond).
"The road to (and beyond) managed services is a long and difficult journey. With BMS 3.0 we provide a true path for our Utility Service Providers to build a marketable recurring revenue service business, and evolve from MSP business transformation to execution," stated Mark Scott, president and founder of The Utility Company. "Our new BMS Select option even gives existing MSPs the ability to get credit for their current recurring revenues and join ranks with the first national single-source provider in North America for the SMB market. Having MSPs join The Utility Company allows us to accelerate our business beyond organic growth, which ultimately benefits both our customers and franchisees."
Hear what our Utility Service Providers are saying!
BMS Select -- "Since joining forces with The Utility Company, we have converted most of our managed service contracts and have been freed up to acquire more business. They have the 'system' to deliver high-quality, profitable fixed-fee services, while also looking to the future with their single-source provider model. My advice to any MSP wanting to actually build a business that they can one day sell is to take a look at Beyond Managed Services." -- Jay Mann, Chicago, Illinois
BMS Affiliate -- "We have experienced a lot of benefits since partnering with The Utility Company, including seamlessly transitioning many of our break/fix service customers into the Connected Office managed service program. Their activity-based approach to sales and marketing along with the Utility Engagement Model creates true value that is easy to articulate to business people." -- Andre Jones, Brunswick, Georgia
BMS Entrepreneur -- "Having spent much of my career starting and building businesses in the technology and office equipment industry, really no one has cracked the SMB market on a national scale or created a channel model that is a true win-win business partnership. The Utility Company has achieved this and will be a force with its single-source provider model for Technology-as-a-Service." -- Leonard Lutes, Puget Sound, Washington
Key Program Features
Becoming a Utility Service Provider means having a complete business system with front and back-office support for sales, marketing, administration, network operations center, helpdesk and service management with 80-90 percent of the service catalog delivered remotely, including:
- 1-866-My-Utility help desk -- live end-user Level 1 and 2 technical support.
- Sales -- inside sales support, sales management, customer events.
- Marketing -- programs, collateral, campaigns, PR, Utility Service Provider locator.
- CRM/service desk -- centralized customer relationship management/service desk.
- Administration -- documentation, operations guide, HR assistance.
- Finance -- billing, collection, tax, leasing; monthly franchise report.
- Service management -- policies, procedures, best practices.
- NOC -- centralized network operations center, dispatch and management tools.
- Utility Service Center -- 24x7 remote monitoring and management.
- Utility U training -- franchisee and end-user self-help and Web training.
- Single-source provider -- move beyond technology operations into emerging practice areas like communications and business management.
- Utility 360 Technology Bootcamp -- Fully integrated North American educational campaign for business executives-roadshow style.
Channel Franchising -- The New Way!
We are at the beginning of a new paradigm shift toward Technology-as-a-Service -- hardware, software and service. This requires a new type of channel model to re-define how technology is delivered and consumed. Unlike both the traditional channel and franchising approach, our channel franchising model creates the ultimate business partnership with:
- Built-in loyalty through exclusive territory and revenue/cost sharing model.
- Complete alignment in growing our business together.
- Activity-based sales and marketing which is the ONLY approach to growing monthly recurring service revenues.
- Over 90 percent of back-end operations delivered by headquarters, so you can focus on building the business.
- Proven monthly fixed fee service model from both a financial and quality of service perspective.
Current managed service providers are welcome to join us on February 15th at 2 p.m. ET for our upcoming webinar "The Road to (and Beyond) Managed Services" (pre-register at http://www.theutilitycompany.com/bms/events) and hear about the Beyond Managed Services 3.0 Program and our Connected Office 3.0 Technology-as-a-Service Program - the only single-source provider solution addressing ALL things technology for SMBs focused on the five main areas of technology for business: IT (network, desktop, security, and storage), business applications, Web/Internet, copier/printer and telecommunications.
Hear what our customers are saying!
"Quite frankly, The Utility Company represents the best business model addressing one of the largest market opportunities that I've seen. There is no comparable service out there and we've tried all of them! When you add the strength of their service delivery model with the scalability of the way they approach franchising I don't know if they even realize their potential." -- Benita O'Toole, Director of Sales for Madison Park Hotels, Georgia.
About The Utility Company
The Utility Company is a single-source provider of technology, communications and business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses across North America. Our Connected Office Technology-as-a-Service program provides a single point of contact for ALL things technology delivering the required hardware, software and service for a monthly fixed fee per user. Customers are supported by local Utility Service Providers delivering on-site service and business-technology consulting to reduce spending and increase utilization - our Beyond Managed Services franchise opportunity is available by prospectus only. Learn how to make technology work for your business today at http://www.theutilitycompany.com.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
# # #